Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How Many Guys Does After Fw V2.0 Downgrade To V1.9

i´m interesting of update to FW 2.0, but is it possible to downgrade to V1.9 after the update to 2.0?

i like on v1.9 the acoustic sounds, the jazzbox 4, spank 2 & 4

how many of you guys does an downgrade to 1.9 after the update?

vjclaus

i´m interesting of update to FW 2.0, but is it possible to downgrade to V1.9 after the update to 2.0?

i like on v1.9 the acoustic sounds, the jazzbox 4, spank 2 & 4

how many of you guys does an downgrade to 1.9 after the update?

vjclaus

Yes it is easy to go back to 1.9, I will be doing that myself until there are some minor improvements (the 12 string glitches are a major problem for me).

As johnnyayyy said,yes you can roll it back. I love the update and think to my ears it was a major improvement in a majority of the modeled guitars. IMHO none of the 12 strings sounded useable no matter how much I tweaked them. But I will be staying with V2 as I think its an upgrade and not just an update.

BTW- I'm pretty bummed because I think I hear improvements in dynamic response and realism in ver2 that I really like but the TONE of spank neck and 335 bridge is a must have for me.

Have you tried tweaking these models in Workbench at all. It would seem it would be at least worth a shot. I mean, if you like everything else, it seems to me that tweaking these models and still being able to take advantage of the other HD stuff would be to your advantage. I'd bet pretty good money that Line 6 isn't going to bring old models back - that's generally not how they do things. So if you insist on staying with the old firmware, you're kind of swimming against the current, and eventually you may find further incentive to upgrade. I just think it's probably easier to bite the bullet earlier on.

No. I suspect that it would take a LOT of tweaking especially on the 335 bridge. It radically different IMO. Ver2 sounds like a typically scooped PAF pickup which I like for hard rock but the ver 1.9 is in a completely different universe tonally. I don't know what 335 they used for 1.9 but it's magical.

BTW- I seem to remember L6 bring back the treadplate model from an earlier pod due to customer demand in the past so maybe I'll get lucky on this one. LOL!

ave you tried tweaking these models in Workbench at all. 

BTW- I seem to remember L6 bring back the treadplate model from an earlier pod due to customer demand in the past so maybe I'll get lucky on this one. LOL!

Well, not from an earlier POD, really. They did bring back a model from an earlier firmware as something else. That was a bit different because they were both models on the same platform. The thing that's different here is that the pre-2.0 firmware and the 2.0 firmwares are kind of totally different modeling platforms. It's kind of like the difference between the X3 and HD PODs. So I don't know if it's even possible for them to plop an old model into the new HD platform. It might be. It might not. I'm just saying I'd kind of be surprised if they do it.

• Upvote 1

Different is not bad. The spank IS different. I had to do some tweaking of my patches to adjust for the difference but it sounds much better to my ears. 1.9 spank was thinner and scoopy. Now, to me, it sounds much more believable. And now I don't have to rely on mid focus eq as much. The acoustics are the same and the 12 strings are much improved! The Tele is perfect! The Specials, the Gretch and the chime are way way better! Change is hard for dudes! I personally hate change. But you gotta hang in there, it's really worth it. Remember all the time we spent tweaking 1.9? Give 2.0 the same amount of time you gave to 1.9. In my not so humble opinion, 2.0 is way way better!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1