Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Add On Software for POD HD500X - Metal HD PAck

Gary_T

All,

I just recently purchased a Line 6 POD HD500X and I love it. It has replaced my Digitech GSP1101 and I have also dialed in the sound of my 6505+ pretty closely.

I also recently purchased the Metal HD Pack for the POD HD500X. I have downloaded all the required software from Line 6, entered in my product key and restarted my computer (as told to do by the instructions). When I go to my POD HD500X editor on my laptop and open the editor, the Metal HD Pack does not show up in any of the "set-lists"

My account says its registered and it should automatically show up in my setlist. Can someone point me in the direction of something that I am not doing? I am still learning how to navigate the system and I am sure its something I am doing or not doing.

Gary

So I was just looking through the amps that are listed in the Metal HD Pack and none of them come up on my POD HD500X. The one I am really after is the big block 5150.

So, I do have the following installed:

Line 6 Monkey

Line 6 License Manager

Line 6 POD HD500X Editor

Line 6 POD Metal HD Pack  

Followed all prompts, installed registration key and was told that the Metal HD Pack would appear in my unit.

But....No Metal HD amps appear. I am fairly sure its still on my end!

Thanks...

So I stumbled across a post yesterday that really helped out. I, being a newbie to the POD HD500X still dont know of all its functions and had no idea how to enter the "set-up" menu. On page 12 of the set-up menu, it tells you what packs you have on your unit. The Metal HD Pack was not on there. So, I went and redid the whole activation process, went back, checked and it was there and is working fine now.

Thanks to all who replied to this post.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone! I'm a newb with this unit and just purchased the HD Metal pack... it says in on the until itself when I go to page 12 or the setup as you guys were talking about previously... but how do I access it? Does it just automatically update the amp models and such so I can't see it? And if not how do I access the metal pack on my desktop in the 500X edit? Please help if you can guys. Thank you all for your time!!!! Cheers!

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, kandiruu said:

EL  HD Metal pack se  actualiza  conectado a la pagina  o simplement se descarga  un  archivo  y se instala , cómo es el proceso ? 

The programming is already in the unit (if you have the latest firmware). You need a license to make the programming available to you. 

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...
El 13/11/2019 a las 15:30, pianoguyy dijo:

La programación ya está en la unidad (si tiene el último firmware). Necesita una licencia para que la programación esté disponible para usted. 

¡No tengo esa licencia para paquetes de metal! 

10 hours ago, kandiruu said:

¡No tengo esa licencia para paquetes de metal! 

If you bought a used unit with the model packs already installed you should still have the add on amp models listed together with the stock ones (unless.. read on..)..

(FYI installing model packs doesn't add any new presets or setlists using the add on amp models, what you get is simply that the added models will be visible/available when you build/edit patches)

If you are not the owner of the model packs license (meaning that the license is not registered in your Line6 account) as soon as you run the license manager with the device connected the model packs will be de-authorized and the add on amp models will disappear..

If you buy or you already own the model packs license, once it is (automatically) registered in your Line6 account you should do the following procedure to authorize manually your device and finally see and use the add on amp models:

---->> Installing HD Model Packs on HD500X/500/HD/HD Pro/HD Pro X (easily understandable, although it could have been written better)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 1 year later...
On 6/15/2016 at 4:50 PM, Gary_T said:

Thanks...

So I stumbled across a post yesterday that really helped out. I, being a newbie to the POD HD500X still dont know of all its functions and had no idea how to enter the "set-up" menu. On page 12 of the set-up menu, it tells you what packs you have on your unit. The Metal HD Pack was not on there. So, I went and redid the whole activation process, went back, checked and it was there and is working fine now.

Thanks to all who replied to this post.

Hi all

I'm new with the HD500X and I've got the same problem-the Metal Pack does not appear in my 500X edit.I don't understand where is that set-up menu and that page 12

Any help please

It does not show up as a model pack in edit. But you should have new models.

Look to see if you have access to amp models that come with the Metal pack.

Also if you power cycle the POD you should see it as an installed pack on the splash screen.