Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does G10 Transmitter get in the way of Tremolo Bar on a Strat?

tzd0

For those who have already received their unit, does the transmitter unit block the movement of the tremolo bar?  And does it get in the way of your hands reaching for the tone control?

The only image I have seen of it on a Strat is this one, where it looks like it sticks out quite significantly and the player does not have a tremolo bar.  I'm surprised there's no other images of it on a Strat with a tremolo bar on.

file_r17516.jpeg

No, it does not interfere with the tremolo bar on a strat it works perfectly on mine.

BUT... it does not work with some Ibanez S bodies I have tried... having to use a jack to jack adapter...

Same thing with my Ibanez RGIR27FE.  

1. If your trem bar is set to be loose, it will clang against the plastic of the transmitter when it drops down.  Also if you're moving around you can hear and feel the trem bar rattling against the plastic of the transmitter.

2. The transmitter blocks the trem bar from being rotated back beyond what you see in my pics.

3. When your fingers reach for the trem bar you will hit the transmitter too.

That is how it gets in the way.

1. If your trem bar is set to be loose, it will clang against the plastic of the transmitter when it drops down.  Also if you're moving around you can hear and feel the trem bar rattling against the plastic of the transmitter.

2. The transmitter blocks the trem bar from being rotated back beyond what you see in my pics.

3. When your fingers reach for the trem bar you will hit the transmitter too.

That is how it gets in the way.

Not an issue for me but I can see how it could affect some.

I don't think it gets in the way any more than the cable would when you run it behind the strap to keep from stepping on it and pulling it out.

That was my thought as well. When I read "it gets in the way" I'm thinking in the way of you being able to use your bar. Though, I can dig not wanting to hear my bar banging into the plastic casing. It wouldn't be an issue for me cause I don't like a loose term arm. I don't like it wiggling around when I move and hitting my guitar cable.

I don't think it gets in the way any more than the cable would when you run it behind the strap to keep from stepping on it and pulling it out. 

No problem at all with an actual cable:

post-543578-0-95391700-1466550366_thumb.jpg