Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500: Split input path for looper

markwesse

I have been checking out youtube etc with split paths using dual amps etc but cant seem to hard split the input. I usually use some hand percussion that I set some loop up on. I would like to have

1. Guitar input on 1 (which is already setup)
  2. Mic input on 2 (also setup and working)
  3. Id like to start a song and loop/dub some percussion usually cajon/djembe on the mic input and have this play dry in the output
  4. I would like to be able to play my guitar through an amp, verb etc and have this appear in stereo spread at the output. 

Do I understand it correctly, that input 1 and 2 are split to feed the dual paths separately?

ie If I put the looper pre, is it actually recording the inputs to L+R?

Many thanks

Mark

to get only one part looped the looper should be placed in post position, where it records everything reaching the final POD outputs, therefore the one part that shouldn't be looped must be deviated before reaching the final outputs by using the FX LOOP block on its Path and the SEND output of the POD

Grazie molto :-)

Only problem is that whenever you set a wide stereo effect eg reverb in the split, it returns mono from the stereo effect to the looper ie only recording a mono of the reverb'd signal. Not a great outcome. Guess I will have to make a dry loop preset in every bank, play the live mic stuff and then cut over to the guitar preset...maybe. Its really wierd because playing the guitar through the verb is full stereo...its only the loop that goes mono

however given that I don't think you can record the percussion loop and play also the un-looped guitar part at the same time, I would rather do in the following way rather than using an all purpose one patch:

- with the looper in post position simply use 2 different patches: one for the mic stuff and one for the guitar

- with the mic patch selected engage the looper mode and record your loop, stop the loop recording but let it continue to play back, exit from the looper mode (playback still going on) and select the guitar patch..

- engage again the looper mode when you need to stop it, (or alternatively engage the tuner which erases also the looper memory)

Yeah...that eventuated with a lot of mucking around. I was going to use 1 amp model per bank (only use 3 ie clean, crunch, highgain) but I guess I can reserver  patch D for looping. Didnt know about the tuner wiping the looper though...thanks for the heads up. Great forum...plenty of helpful answers