Sign in to follow this  
SybotCB

Amplifi 75 and Line 6 g10

Quick question.  Can I power the Line 6 g10 with the USB port on the Amplifi 75, or is the current draw too much for the Amplfi's USB port?

Are you saying Line 6 used a mini usb connector but used a non standard voltage for the connection.  Since it's supposed to all be 5v, and that's what USB is supposed to provide.  If that's the case, wow, that was really dumb of them. 

Actually, I just looked at the manual for the receiver, and it's a 5v dc power connection.  It needs 1 Amp.    I wouldn't think they would use a standard connection at a non-standard voltage, because that would be a pretty egrigious error.  Now I'll see if I can't find the specs on the amplifi 75 usb connection somewhere.  I just thought someone might know right off the bat.

Sorry, you're right, what I mean is that the Amplifi won't provide 5v over the usb connection, because it is not a host usb, just used as a client interface, but maybe I am wrong... I will try that later, thanks for the correction :)

Have you tried powering the G10 from the Amplifi USB port yet?  Would love to have just one power cord to worry about.

Have you tried powering the G10 from the Amplifi USB port yet?  Would love to have just one power cord to worry about.

The Amplifi's USB port doesn't provide power... It's a USB-B port, which is by definition an "upstream" connection, meaning it's not meant to be a connection used by hosting device.