Sign in to follow this  
johnfrancis

Returning DT25

Well, after less than a week, my DT25 will be on its way back to Musician's Friend tomorrow. It was suddenly dropping volume, and developing odd hissing and fluttering noises. This happened whether I was going through a POD HD500X with the LINK connection, or direct into the amp.  It was also very noisy switching between patches on the POD. Bummer because I was liking the tones otherwise.

Hey Dude,

I don't have a DT25 but that sounds like a tube issue to me. You should shoot in a note to L6 to see what they say first you should have some time on the MF return clock.

-B

Quite possibly, but since it's only a week old, it's just as easy to switch it out for a new one. I have three other amps, so it's not a hardship.

I hope that does the trick, I had FedEx "flop" a full tube combo on my porch and that baby was sounding like a motorboat until I had them changed out.

Still waiting for MF to ship me a new DT25. It arrived back to them on Tuesday, but their customer service said it may be the weekend before they can check the return and get a new one out. I guess they must have a lot of returns to process . . . . .