Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT Pro Output issue

Hey everyone,

Been having an issue with my maximum output on my POD XT Pro unit. Basically, it just doesn't get loud enough.

My patches are at max volume, and my output knob is cranked. But for some reason when I'm playing with my band at our practice space, they are much more louder than I am.

I assume there is a switch or something that I do not have turned on?

My chain:

Guitar>G90>POD XT Pro>Art SLA 1>Cab 

NOTE: I had my HD Pro in this same unit and never had an issue, thats why I believe it is a problem with XT unit.

Hey Man how are you running it to the SLA - XLR? Balanced outs? It could be the signal is lower than what the amp likes.

Might help someone who comes after here - I was running one into a variety of amps and fx loops and it was loud but they were pretty much std guitar power amps (no xlr for example). Try popping it into an FX loop of a combo if you have one around and see.

Hey Man how are you running it to the SLA - XLR? Balanced outs? It could be the signal is lower than what the amp likes.

Might help someone who comes after here - I was running one into a variety of amps and fx loops and it was loud but they were pretty much std guitar power amps (no xlr for example). Try popping it into an FX loop of a combo if you have one around and see.

XLR for sure, I assume its a balanced out. I bridged them.

What kind of cable is used for the speakers? Instrument cable?

Bridging balanced outputs? Are they being fed to a mixer or pre-amp?

There could be a phasing problem that is attenuating the signal.

Speaker cable.

I bridged the balanced outs from the power amp, not the XT. I should have noted that earlier. No mixer.

UPDATE:

I messed with the 'outs' settings on the XT and started to get some results. I did have it on 'combo power amp'. Switched it back and forth between a few like 'studio front' and 'studio front' and my output volumes were MUCH louder which was what I was looking for. Unfortunately, they all cut out a lot. So I had to revert back to my previous, quoter setting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

THe pro has it on the front, but if you look at the back of the pro unit it says above all the outputs you can select a -10 or +4db output how you get into that im not sure. You can get to the different uotputs by pushing the tune button then turn the left select page knob then turn the effect tweak knob i would think its in one of those menus to change the output level.

There are so many outputs on the pro i would think you could find one of them that would work. Ill tell you this, the headphone out is LOUD ive use it before into a power amp and it can put out a pretty hot signal.

How many ohms are you running that Art SLA 1 into?

I might also sugest pickup a caan of Deox-it from radio shack also, IMO this is a must have for any musician you need to spray this stuff into your jacks from time to time to keep them from oxidizing its worth its weight in gold IMO