Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix sounds like I'm playing in a box?

jmp22684

The crackling does still worry me. I bougjt this pedal used as the back order was killer. I hope I wont regret that and the lack of warranty incase it is a pedal problem. I also have a problem with a patch changing volume while I am playing. This is with doing nothing. Load the patch, start playing, volume drops on the clean amp randomly, switch to the dirty amp, switch to the clean amp and the volume is back up for the clean amp, after a couple minutes it drops again. No volume pedal patches as I use a Boss FV 500L in a loop at the very end of my patches.

I only use the expression pedal for wah or to change parameters across several effects with a single movement of the pedal. Quite convenient for songs like paralyzer by finger eleven when I may want to cut the treble, boost the chorus, cut the gain, cut the mix on delay, ect... When moving from chorus to verse.

The patch that does this is quite simple though and used for the song Run To You by Brian Adams. Not aure why the volume drops like that and really makes me worry about the pedal.

You've probably already eliminated the obvious things - but could this be due to perhaps a bad cable in the mix somewhere?

Not specifically Helix related, but we had a major IT outage event at work not long ago.  After multiple vendors were engaged, firmwares verified, packet traces, and all that, with much hair pulling with critical systems going up and down with no clear cause other than it seemed to be related to underlying storage connectivity, the problem turned out to be a loose cable that was plugged in just well enough to be working just barely enough that the backup failover systems didn't engage and switch over to automatically recover, but not working quite well enough for reliable operation.  Sometimes it's the simple things that we take for granted to "just work" and when they don't, they're sometimes the last thing to be checked.