Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10 - another charging question

nippyjun

I just got a relay g10 yesterday.
I charged it over night. The green light never turned solid green while on the base. It just keeps slowly flashing green.
Is this faulty?
The manual says it's supposed to be solid green when done charging?

Mine is fully seated.

Customer service said that the transmitter is only solid green when charged and plugged into a guitar.

All literature says solid green when fully charged and in the dock, and/or when plugged into guitar. Blinking green when charging in the dock.

As I said above mine never is solid green in the dock. Only when plugged into the guitar. Mine blinks green in the dock after overnight charging.

Who is correct?

I would assume solid green in the charged meaning fully charged is what is supposed to happen.

Was customer service correct or wrong?

My guess would be that they had a bad batch of lithium battery cells. Those cells, when fully charged, aren't hitting the voltage that the transmitter expects to see when fully charged. So, it keeps trickle-charging the battery (any decent lithium charging circuit should slow down as full charge approaches) to try and get it up to that voltage.

Either that, or the lithium cell is just plain bad and won't hold a charge.

• 4 years later...

My new Relay G10 is being used with a Yamaha THR30ii. The relay plugged into the amplifier for charging goes from red to flashing green, but will not reach a steady green glow.  Both units have the latest firmware. Is the relay faulty if it never reaches the steady green glow when charging? I’ve only had the relay since early November and it’s never reached solid green once. Please advise as to whether or not it is defective and needs to be replaced before warranty expires. Thanks.