Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need USB Interface

As far as I'm aware that would work but the cable appears to be wrong. The one I have comes with a Ethernet cable that is shielded on end to go in the guitar and not the other. I don't think a shielded end will fit in the interface....

Could you post a pic of the cable if you get a chance? Thx

Thx, Found an older version here but for the life of me I cannot figure out whether or not that will work with my 2015 Standard and the WorkbenchHD?

Based on the pictures in the link I don't think this package will work. The cable connecting the guitar to the interface device seems to be a full VDI cable - it has the shielded housing on both ends. The housing will prevent th connection to the interface device, which has no room to accept the shielded connection. The proper cable has shielding at one end (for the guitar connection) but no shielding at the end that connects to the interface device.

Based on the pictures in the link I don't think this package will work. The cable connecting the guitar to the interface device seems to be a full VDI cable - it has the shielded housing on both ends. The housing will prevent th connection to the interface device, which has no room to accept the shielded connection. The proper cable has shielding at one end (for the guitar connection) but no shielding at the end that connects to the interface device.

Thx for pointing that out. 

Well that stinks! Do you know if there are any future plans to make this happen?

L6 won't divulge the color of the bathroom tile at corporate HQ...

That being said, I cannot fathom that they would leave this out forever...it would aggravate too many Variaxers.

L6 won't divulge the color of the bathroom tile at corporate HQ...

That being said, I cannot fathom that they would leave this out forever...it would aggravate too many Variaxers.

Aggravate Variaxers and Helixers alike. The Helix is physically setup really well to be an interface for the Variax and Workbench. It has the VDI cable point and a Usb point - perfect. Just need some code and its rolling. 

I cannot fathom that they would leave this out forever...it would aggravate too many Variaxers.

I own both HD500  and HD500X and a Helix.

Had to keep the HD500 around because they didnt get Workbench HD functional on HD500X until April 2014 (or 2 1/2 years after HD500X release:

find Workbench HD in the Software downloads area

http://line6.com/software/index.html

Workbench HD currently works with these :

POD HD Pro

POD HD Pro X

POD HD500

POD HD500X

Variax USB Interface

If you need the USB Interface buy it here:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Workbench

or used here

https://reverb.com/au/item/1331115-line-6-variax-workbench-usb-interface-w-both-cables

r5n7kzrwj4bszrvwkfci.jpg