Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flextone Iii Midi Usb Connection

Hello,

I've recently bought a Flextone III XL. 

I'd like to deep edit some presets and bought a generic usb - midi cable. It seems that the cable recognizes both the usb port and the midi interface. However Line 6 Edit and Line 6 Monkey don't recognize the Flextone.

I tried in two computers with Windows XP and Windows Vista with the same result.

I think I've read all the topics concerning to this issue and I've installed L6 Edit with and without Java.

Any trick or advice?

Thanks and regards

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I had the exact same problem. I am an IT guy and have very good cables.. Line6 Edit doesn't recognize my Flextone III XL but it does recognize the floor board. I have been using a pair of midi cables instead, hooked up to my MAC PRO.

• 3 months later...

I had the exact same problem. I am an IT guy and have very good cables.. Line6 Edit doesn't recognize my Flextone III XL but it does recognize the floor board. I have been using a pair of midi cables instead, hooked up to my MAC PRO.

I have the same problem, my macpro does not recognize the Flextone 3 any solution?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I have used Line6 edit 3.0 many times, connecting two different Flextone III amps to my PC, successfully copying and loading sounds into both. Again, I am using version 3.0 and I have read that there are various versions out there (most of which do NOT seem to work with FT3), not to mention 3rd party softwares that have also been abandoned. Something to consider when working with the Flextone III amps... The product is no longer supported by Line6 so don't be surprised when you find yourself completely in the dark on some issues. Keep posting, keep reading, and keep the faith.