Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x + Amplifier + Mp3 Backing Tracks

Pearly79

Hi!

I'm new here and I have a question about the POD HD 500 / 500x.

Does anybody know how does it work when I use my guitar and a POD direct into an Amplifier (with 4 cable method) and using mp3 song direct into the POD?

My problem is that I mostly play with backing tracks and trough headphones; I'm planning an amp change and I've seen that most of the tube amps don't have mp3 line in.

Any suggestion?

Thank you and cheers from Switzerland!

Dani

If you're just looking to play with headphones, the HD500 is enough by itself. It has both the headphone and mp3 jacks. That's what I use almost all the time. You CAN use the POD this way thru an amp (except with the Line 6 DT series when using the L6 link), but it doesn't sound too good. I also sometimes use a small inexpensive Behringer 802 mixing board. I'd like to eventually some day get a decent pair of studio monitors (FRFR) to go with the board, so I can ditch the headphones once in a while and have a decent sound when playing with backing tracks and other music.