Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware Upgrade?

willsmythe37

Oups! you're in trouble! I think I was the first to feel the water for Summer NAMM and DI replied to the post but never actually infer anything (as usual).

But my point is when they decide internally that a feature is doable and they have a beta going. It would be great, I think, to let the fans know about what's coming next. If Line 6 has no clue as to when the next release should it the street that make me worry even more. 

Nope, to be honest, the only way I know is what I read here. I don't know about dates for release. They've never told me anything until a day or two, sometimes only hours, before actually releasing it.

And occasionally, we've only had the software for a couple days (like the firmware that had the Matchless) before it went live.

As far as telling people, let's say for instance that the next firmware update included MIDI note tracking (for the record, I'm reasonably sure this will never be part of Helix, so that's why I used this example).

From a marketing perspective, splashing it out there is way more of a "WOW" moment than announcing it ahead of time.

No need to worry if Line 6 really doesn't know when the next release is. Or when the next earth quake, or meteor strike, train derailment and locust attack, etc etc is. Why? Because there is nothing you or I can do to change this either way. And because It just runs up your doctor bill and you'd go around acting like Marilyn Manson... And I know you don't want that....  :P

• Upvote 1

FW 1.13 may or may not exist and it may or may not appear sometime in mid to late July. It may or may not be mostly bug fixes.

This may or may not be a red herring.

You have expressed total ambiguity with complete clarity. I used my super secret Line6 decoder ring on that message and I am excited about the next release! July or whatever can't arrive soon enough.  ;)

FW 1.13 may or may not exist and it may or may not appear sometime in mid to late July. It may or may not be mostly bug fixes.

I can read between the lines...what DI is actually saying is: "The next update will be out any day now and will have all 3 channels of the Bogner Ecstasy PERFECTLY modeled"

You guys need to learn how to translate what Mr. Igloo says.   :lol:

Thanks, Mr. Igloo! I may or may not be disappointed if this is just a "mostly bug fixes" release... or not.

But seriously, what I want to say while reading through this thread: Thanks to Line 6 - for creating Helix and for your presence on these (and other) forums. Nothing is perfect but Helix might be one of the closest things to perfection that ever materialized. And the well-known impossibility to please the crowd shouldn't make you feel down.

Ok, now let's get back to business: We want scenes! ;)

Ahh, well - I see...

130524_SECOND_PSYCH.jpg.CROP.original-or

Guess we all misinterpreted the frequently quoted remark:

"Then the stupid fun begins"...

Seems this was more like an anticipation of an inner disorientation :lol:

They had removed the thing where if you hold a certain button combination you get a video of Eric Klein laughing at you... I hope they put that back in...

Yours is not working? Bug... Mine still does, I use it for harmony parts along with a Marilyn grunt or two...

I may or may not be reading this post. :ph34r:

Dennis

Woot! Looking forward to the update on Monday :D