ricoustic101

I have to vent....

Are you f'ing serious, Line 6.  I can't use Gearbox for my Pod X3 Live and my new Variax Standard to save the guitar models to the patch that I create??????  Oh, I know, it'll work with a newer pedal.....but here's the thing...I DON'T WANT a newer pedal.  I'm perfectly happy with my X3 Live

Great product, but I'm starting to question your customer service and management skills......

Saving JTV patches can be done thru Workbench HD.and the interface device (and cables)

that came with the Variax Standard.

Gearbox should open on an X3 Live. I run both on my bench to test Variax, JTV's and Standards.

I save patches using Workbench (for Variax and pre v2.00 JTV's) and use Workbench HD (for

v2.00 or later JTV's and Standards).

All on PC with Windows 7.

This isn't to save patches to the guitar...this is to create a patch on the Pod X3 (i.e. using a Fender amp and tube screamer with a leslie mod and digital delay) and then assigning Spank pickup position 1, or Semi pickup position 3, etc...to that X3 patch so that when I hit the foot switch to call up that patch it changes the guitar automatically......

Yes, I understand that I'll have to learn how to do it direct on the pedal itself...and that is the point......Gearbox was a great graphical user interface....able to set up the X3 Live easily and intuitively without having to dig through the menus on the pedal itself.  Why take away good functionality?

Why take away good functionality?

Well, depends on who's doing it. When it's the gov't, it's called "progress". When it's a private company, it's code for "throw that out and buy our new stuff". Either way, you lose. Strap in...life is a bumpy ride. ;)

He doesn't need to throw anything out. It's just about learning a few inner details of function.

I own four JTV's and two X3 Lives, and have no problems with using them in conjunction with

Gearbox, or Workbench. I just had to get deeper into the manual for certain function on the Edit page.