Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why are preset names so short?

mileskb

Just curious if anyone in the know, really knows if there was rhyme or reason for such short preset names.

I realize real estate on the Helix itself is at a premium, but with knowing there was going to be an editor, it seems the field could be longer and just truncate (or scroll as some other folks do) for the actual Helix.  In reality, there's quite a bit of room on the title line still, at least 7 or 8 characters which is pretty significant.  

With no place for descriptions. really the name of the preset is all we have to describe the presets.  

Anyway... wondered if the length was some sort of limit, or they just never  opened up.  

Interesting note.  I have a ton of presets, all of Glenn's most of Scott's the stock ones...  it's almost like two-foot-itus for boat owners.  It seems like just two or three more characters of room would negate needing to abbreviate just about anything.

Signd - Jus Curious

Well, remember that the Rack and Floor share an architecture, so you see all that extra space...? It doesn't exist on Control.

There's that, too. It would be extra characters that you can't see on Control. That wouldn't be so great.

One more thing, you need to see that name at a glance. If it's too long, it takes too long to sort through preset names between songs during a show.

Well, remember that the Rack and Floor share an architecture, so you see all that extra space...? It doesn't exist on Control.

There's that, too. It would be extra characters that you can't see on Control. That wouldn't be so great.

One more thing, you need to see that name at a glance. If it's too long, it takes too long to sort through preset names between songs during a show.

Just because (or if) there was more room doesn't mean you have to use it.   I'm just say'n.  I'm actually surprised it hasn't come up before this.

Maybe the possibility to scroll a little in the current space?   My Lexicon has the ability to switch the display between Patch Numbers and Names so that would save a bunch of real estate too.    Just some thoughts.