Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Backorder Blues....

Bushman2

In an earlier post, I mentioned pulling the trigger on a new Helix....
Which I found was on backorder....
...Which was set back another couple of weeks.
...And was set back an additional couple of weeks.
...And the most recent set back was another couple of weeks, due available the 30th (in 1 week)

Morbid curiosity made me look at the MF Helix offering page today.
The date has changed to 7/04/16, and I haven't received the dreaded extended backorder email yet.
Do you think they have given up on sending out the bad news emails, or might it be that my Helix made it there???
I'm hoping not more delays. Kinda looking at a couple other multi-fx models in that price range...

According to Frank Ritchotte, Line 6's Sr. Director of Operations, Line 6 just shipped a "motherload" of Helices out, so they should be making their way to retailers very soon. Also, they increased their production threefold, so it seems like the Helix pipeline will be flowing more freely in the future... Like the salmon of Capistrano. :D

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies..
I wasn't aware they had a supply problem earlier too...
I've noticed an increase in the last few days, of folks getting their new units. (jones'ing hard)
I should get the helix bag today..
Thanks for the ray of sunshine phil-m, I'm hoping my HD500 graduation will occur soon!

The way I understand it is that Helix sales have outperformed Line 6's expectations by a long shot.

It's definitely worth the wait.

I got mine from the initial shipment last October but I pre-ordered in July and it was a really long summer and fall.

OK, I'll suck it up, and wait.
I know it's worth it, and I really dig the latest Line 6 offerings..
BTW, the L6 bag got here last night, looks heavy enough duty, but is less rigid than I thought.
Definitely a heavy bag that I can throw my cables, ear pieces, and iPad into, replacing two bags I schlep currently.

Now is probably not the time to mention it...but....I waited 4 days for mine.  It was a return from a customer (one of four) who had I guess tried it out and decided against keeping it (the only way you can get to try them out).

It was 4 days...but the wait was INTOLERABLE!!!   :wacko: