Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help sound guitar rig 5 to pod hd500x

riccardob80

Hello everyone , I am from guitar rig 5 , I used some sound banks where configuration: Jump, skramer , vintage 4x12 and psychededelay.come I can recreate this effect with pod hd500x ? Thanks

hurghanico is spot on (as usual :-)

but anything outside of doing basic patching becomes very difficult very quickly...unfortunately...the tone of the HD amps...amazing but dont expect anything like the fx flexibility...eg there are a min of 3 easy to use gain boost modules in GRig to match gain into amps, there are none on the HD...best case is hack use of the tube comp BUT you have to be careful of how you set up your inputs...thanks hurghanico for all yours (and others) excellent advice. On Grig you are simply assigning inputs and each click auto adjusts the gain before you start. You wont get the rich harmonics out of clean HD amps without getting this bit exactly right.

HTH

How does the song go.... 

Anything you can do, I can do better. 

Yeah, anything the rig can do, the pod can do.

Hmmm...thats not taking into account the definition of design...ie best compromise; you never get your cake and eat it too. With respect...they both do things the other one cant. Ive only been using the HD for a little while, killer tone, flexibility not...absolutely basic things missing. ie Looper...grig is a totally useable looping tool...hd..missing the most basic addressable parameters IMHO. Have you really used grig in depth and AB the 2? At this stage, its looking like going back to my old rig with gearbox and grig but everyones application is different. There isnt even a machine state address in HD...ie its either on or off for modules (basically) which is ok if you are stuck in the old school stomp paradigm. Pretty frustrating when you have been allowed switch inversion, parameter states. Ill keep trying for a little while yet though.

All the best with it riccardob80

• Upvote 1

The Soldano model (used in the 'hot solo' rig) is better in Grig5 IMHO but is should translate ok...Its smoother and seems to be more responsive...although I have to say that the mesa model by Line 6 smokes GRig. Like I said...they each have their own strengths. 

The tube screamer in both applications is very similar...you should have no prob for a like for like port to HD...except for input gain fiddling. What pups are you using?

• Upvote 1