Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

connect pod hd500x to amplifier

riccardob80

Your amp WILL color the sound no matter what you do. How much depends on your amp, the MODE settings (page 4 of System Setup - Advanced user guide section 2.8), how you're connected to the amp (related to MODE settings - 1/4" out to guitar input, 1/4" out to amp fx loop return, 4cm), and the Global EQ settings (page 11 of System Setup).

Concerning the MODE settings - they're really just different EQ settings, so use the one that sounds best to you, there's no wrong or right.

Concerning the Global EQ - this is intended to accommodate the differences in sonic character of different rooms. I leave it off and only use it when playing out.

Practically speaking (sound traveling thru air to the human ear), there's no such thing as "this is how the POD sounds", nor is there such a thing as an absolutely accurate FRFR amp/speaker system. Even with headphones, they all sound different. There's only whether or not the sound YOU hear is pleasing to YOU.

• Upvote 1

What amp?

a sound house with the pod is connected to my UR22 Steiberg card and speakers M-Audio Bx5.In rehearsal room there is a Fender Champion 100. I have a legacy Carvin and marshall 2x12 but I can not play in low-volume home (not turn on the head :-)), and if the neighbors get upset i put loud -))

there is a mobo to play with legacy and marshall 2x12 connect the low volume pod?

IMO the easier way to get a natural sound with an amp is to use the FX loop or just the power amp section. Try the 4 cable method if you want to use the amps pre too but you will have to spend some time dialing it in and getting the balance.

You will always get coloring with a cab (some even with FRFR and through the desk) but that is not a bad thing. L)

Hello everyone , I want to play in live and connect to an amplifier the hd500x pod , how can I get a natural sound of my pod without the amplifier changing the final sound?

Short answer is you can't. At least not with a traditional guitar amp. They're all gonna sound different, just the way it is. The closest you'll ever get to the "natural" sound of the unit is any of the various FRFR options out there...and even then, there will be some differences from one speaker to another, although those differences will be more subtle than what you'll get from 2 different guitar amps.