Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Customtone upload assistance please

inveigle

I can upload my presets to Customtone but I can not edit or even access the comments section of the uploaded tone. What am I doing wrong? A month ago this was a simple possess. I have tried 3 different browsers on two different computers without success.

I can upload my presets to Customtone but I can not edit or even access the comments section of the uploaded tone. What am I doing wrong? A month ago this was a simple possess. I have tried 3 different browsers on two different computers without success.

Just seen this, so went to check. I uploaded a quick and dirty tone patch yesterday and was able to add a comment - no problem. In the past couple of minutes I have been back into Customtone and made an edit to my original description of the patch, refreshed the browser and the change was done. Went back in an removed the "test" comment, updated it and "whoosh" - everything done. This was done from a Mac running Safari.

This may sound dumb, but I'm assuming that you are logged into the site with your user name password. If so, try selecting your custom tone that you want to edit by clicking on the bold patch name beside the icon of the Helix, (it should highlight with an underscore), that should take you back to the tone details page where you should then be able to edit the comments section.

If that doesn't work - well I dunno! I have just tried it and worked perfectly for me.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Alright, I am getting very frustrated with this issue. No one seems to have a solution to my problem. Here is an update. I can upload a .hlx file to Customtone as per ussual. But I can not edit or even see how to edit the comments section and when I try to download the .hlx file I uploaded it gets downloaded as a .l6t file. When I delete that same patch a small vertical box comes up with two arrows and an X. WTH is going on?  

DIyCPtL.jpgLj2FwqQ.jpg

Alright, I am getting very frustrated with this issue. No one seems to have a solution to my problem. Here is an update. I can upload a .hlx file to Customtone as per ussual. But I can not edit or even see how to edit the comments section and when I try to download the .hlx file I uploaded it gets downloaded as a .l6t file. When I delete that same patch a small vertical box comes up with two arrows and an X. WTH is going on?  

DIyCPtL.jpgLj2FwqQ.jpg

The screen shot with the grey screen with the tiny "x" (close widget) and the two scroll arrows below it is exactly what I see when I try to download from any browser (IE, Firefox, or Chrome) on a Windows 10 PC.

• Upvote 1

I think I figured out what the bug with the CustomTone download link is and it has nothing to do with the OS version or browser, at least not on Windows. I have two Line6 logins, one login has products registered to it and one does not. When I login with the one that has products registered, I do not get the grey screen with the "x" and I can download normally. When I use the login without a product registered, that is when the webpage goes wonky.  So.. it looks like you need to have at least one product registered not to get the weird download behavior. This may be impacting your ability to properly comment your uploaded presets as well.

• Upvote 1

I just got off the phone with customer support. This is indeed a known issue with rack units. So if you are experiencing this issue, hang tight. They are working on it.

I think you may be able to inform Customer Support that the issue is with whatever the CustomTone site does once the flag is set that indicates that there are no registered products associated with the login. I will wait for others to confirm this but I am pretty sure now that is what is causing the bug.

I think you may be able to inform Customer Support that the issue is with whatever the CustomTone site does once the flag is set that indicates that there are no registered products associated with the login. I will wait for others to confirm this but I am pretty sure now that is what is causing the bug.

That may be true in your case although Line 6 confirmed that I only have one account with 4 registered products and am still producing that error. They are working on it. I did relay that information to them though. Nice troubleshooting there :)

That may be true in your case although Line 6 confirmed that I only have one account with 4 registered products and am still producing that error. They are working on it. I did relay that information to them though. Nice troubleshooting there :)

Hmm, thanks for the feedback, it looks like perhaps there is more than one, or a different, issue at work here, I wonder if it has anything to do with when the login was created. The login that is working was created years before the one that is having an issue. Perhaps the registered products with the working login is just coincidental and not the cause of the issue. I also just created a new test login with no registered products and it is also broken with the CustomTone downloads. Perhaps there is a difference in the fields or some other issue with newer logins. For example, my new login does not have any address information other than zipcode, perhaps there are other fields associated with the old login that do not exist with the new one. If I were Line6 I would start comparing old login behavior to new login behavior. I look forward to others reporting in on the CustomTone login issue.

The first step towards testing is probably retrying a login after registering a product although this unfortunately may turn out to be unrelated (I realize this did not help in your case). If anyone has a broken login with CustomTone and no registered products and has a product they can then register and retest with that might be very revealing.

After hearing that your login is still not working even though you have registered products, the only conclusion I can draw right now is that the bug seems to be login related although I don't know what difference there is between logins that are working and ones that are not.