Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wanting to A/B AX8 inside the Helix with Send/Return

hankmadison

I'm new to the Helix so please be cool.

I have an AX8, and I want to be able to A/B test the AX8 within the Helix using an FX loop. I want to be able to create similar sounds in each module and use a footswitch to switch between them for comparison. Should be simple.

I have a send coming out of the Helix Send 1 to the AX8 input. I have the stereo output of the AX8 coming into the Helix 1/2 Returns. I'm able to hear the AX8 in the Helix.

I'm trying to create a parallel path using an A/B switch. I'm able to switch between the two sounds. The settings for the switch are 100% for each path. However there is bleed through of the other channel even though I have the mix set to 100% on the B path.

I'm not sure if I'm routing it incorrectly or what. 

I'd appreciate some help in creating this patch so I can audition sounds quickly/easily. Thanks in advance.

Figured it out.

For future searches: When the A/B split is bypassed it functions as a Y Split (according the the manual on page 32). This explains the bleed through. I set up two completely parallel paths and set up controllers to mute the output of each. All good.