Sign in to follow this  
stevewburke

Podxt Variax Workbench "no Device Detected"

I can't start Variax Workbench. Monkey works and can see my PODxt by USB connection and Workbench sees the device too as "Line 6 PODxt Live" but right below it it says "No device detected" even though it clearly sees the device.

I updated the firmware and flash memory through Monkey and also tried reinstalling the drivers, but no luck. I also tried a different USB cable and also tried plugging different USB ports.

I have Windows 7 64x and assumed it was a 64 bit issue, but I found other people on the forums with 64x Windows 7 who had no trouble getting it working.

Make sure you have something plugged into the Variax 1/4" jack.  The guitar will not power up without being plugged in.

Variax 1/4" jack on a PODxt Live pedal board? The 1/4" jack was plugged in with a regular guitar, but the only Variax connection is the ethernet.

Also, I've used this thing in the past through USB without needing a guitar (Variax or otherwise) connected to it.

which variax? if you updated a JTV to 2.0 you need to use variax workbench HD and a variax workbench interface.

if it's one of the earlier variaxes you might make sure that java is installed...

I'm just trying to get the PODtx pedal board to work in Workbench like it used to - without the Variax guitar attached. I don't get why it would recognize it then say it can't be recognized.

The Line 6 drivers installed Java.

workbench cannot be opened without a variax attached.... perhaps i still don't follow you...