Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Completely Flat Amp Sim In Pod Hd?

mr_slugworth

I'm testing a THD Hot Plate, and I want to use the POD HD's cab sims for testing an amp out.  Is there an amp sim on the POD that will give me a flat response so I can still use a cab sim in the signal chain?

Alternatively is there any way to enable a cab but no amp?

I've tried the BF Double Nrm and BF Double Nrm Pre sims without any luck yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried that one, but it's a step in the wrong direction.  I'm using the Tuner bypass as a comparison.

I turned the volume down to 80% from the previous settings and it seems close enough, but I'm open to other suggestions.  Thanks guys.

So I'm running a Blackstar ID60 into a THD Hot Plate into the POD HD input.  It sounds very good.  I started with the settings above, but I found that I was able to really bring it to life by using the amp sim controls on the POD while keeping the gain very low (no higher than 2%).

• 1 month later...

I'm testing a THD Hot Plate, and I want to use the POD HD's cab sims for testing an amp out.  Is there an amp sim on the POD that will give me a flat response so I can still use a cab sim in the signal chain?

Alternatively is there any way to enable a cab but no amp?

I've tried the BF Double Nrm and BF Double Nrm Pre sims without any luck yet.

Any ideas?

If you're still experimenting with this I've found (after a sound engineers recommendation) that the Flip Top model is the flattest amp sim in the unit for guitar. Can still be paired with any or no cab. It works well with my raw hotplate lineout and IMO is more transparent than the blackface models.

• Upvote 2

Did you try the Pre-amp models? This way you don't have to worry about setting Sag to Zero.  There's actually a tone stack calculator 

http://www.duncanamps.com/tsc/download.html

Based on the calculator, the Marshall's with bass and treble at zero and mid at around 80 they seem pretty flat with a high pass starting at 100hz. I would try the JTM 45 Pre.

The Vox can get a flatter response with the same setting, I believe that the line 6 AC models mid need to be center for flat response.