Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reamping (hd pro X and cubase)

So, I'm using using my HD Pro X as my interface and finally figured out how to do simultaneous wet/dry recording to separate channels - I'm a solo artist so I like to have wet to help me write and dry for once the song itself is complete.

It's hooked up via usb and I'm trying to figure out the how to reamp the dry recording without any additional hardware. Is it possible to do this via the usb connection alone or will I need to feed the dry track back into the regular input?

Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere, have tried to find an answer but only seem to pull up info on other models or with terminology I can't get my head around. Tend not to go round the back of the unit as it's in a 2u case under my tft, so trying to avoid that route if I can - thanks in advance.

The incoming dry signal from your DAW over USB is not available for selection as an Input for the POD preset. Hence you need another audio interface to get the dry signal to the POD using its analog or s/pdif inputs.

Also I think this additional interface nees to have at least 2 stereo channels in order to properly isolate the dry signal being sent to the POD from the returning processed signal.

Cheers for the responses, wish I hadn't sold my focusrite solo now. Did think of one work around that "may" work - if I exported the dry track as a wav file, put it on an mp3/phone and played it back in through the main input I guess it would replicate the guitar playing... no idea how bad the signal would be though.

If I was to venture round to the back of the unit, is there then a way of reamping without a 2nd interface?

Just a thought...

If I set up the prerecorded dry track with playback via the left channel only, set up the pod to output to right channel only, connected a cable from the phones port to the guitar input and armed a fresh track to record that playback with (unmonitored)... would this work or damage the pod in any way?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello,

I've come across the video above about reamping with the POD HD and tried to follow the steps with Reaper DAW. It kind of works, in the sense that I can reamp a pre-recorded DI signal but in that (and other videos) I watched, they were able to monitor the reamped track but I'm only being able to monitor the DI (unprocessed) signal...

Does anyone know or have suggestions of solving that?