Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving Tones

ric1966

Does anyone know why the Firehawk app will sometimes overwrite and sometimes save a duplicate name in "My Tones" when you execute a "Save to My Tones" command? The green banner message at the bottom of screen will say "tone updated" when it overwrites and "toned saved" when it duplicates. I have not noticed a repeatable pattern to explain why it chooses one over the other. When it duplicates, I have to go into the list editor in My Tones and delete the older version, which is usually highest in the list. If I don't delete, I will end up with multiple tones with the same name, but different parameters.

BTW, my Amplifi app does the same thing...

Yeah it's the same for me, to work around it I put a number at the end of the patch name , so crunch1, crunch2 and so on , then I go to my tones and delete the ones I don't want.

Renaming is really clunky and could definitely be a lot smoother

I'm hoping for some improvements further down the line to the whole saving and locating of patches

• 2 weeks later...

I think this depends on whether you are editing a FH tone on the unit, or one from "my tones". I.e. If you select a patch on the FH unit, edit it and then save, it will duplicate in "my tones". However if you start by selecting the tone from "my tones", edit and save, it will update not duplicate, however your tone on your FH unit will remain unchanged because you are editing the cloud copy only.

This is obviously a bit annoying so I only edit and update "my tones". Only when I'm happy will I then save each to the FH.

• Upvote 2

I think JamieCrain may have the answer. I will test and hopefully verify. I do understand the distinction between SAVE and SAVE AS; both results are happening when I execute a SAVE TO MY TONES command. Thanks to all for your help!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to rearrange the order of patches on the Firehawk without having to overwrite the patch?

If there is I haven't found it. I find it necessary to use a temporary patch location. Rearranging two patches is a 3-step process (unless both patches are already in My Tones): copy the first patch to the temporary location, copy the second patch to overwrite the first patch in its original location, then copy the first patch from the temporary location to its destination.

If there is I haven't found it. I find it necessary to use a temporary patch location. Rearranging two patches is a 3-step process (unless both patches are already in My Tones): copy the first patch to the temporary location, copy the second patch to overwrite the first patch in its original location, then copy the first patch from the temporary location to its destination.

That sucks! I know what I want in the next update!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I’m also new to the Firehawk FX and so far haven’t had any major problems.  One thing I can’t figure out is how to delete a tone saved to My Tones by mistake.  I would think this is available, I just can’t find it anywhere.  Thanks for any help!  

On 7/2/2018 at 5:41 PM, MacDoggie said:

I’m also new to the Firehawk FX and so far haven’t had any major problems.  One thing I can’t figure out is how to delete a tone saved to My Tones by mistake.  I would think this is available, I just can’t find it anywhere.  Thanks for any help!  

On Android app I have a pencil in upper right corner (in "My Tones" page) for editing the list of presets. Don't know about iPhone, there's no such button as I look at screenshots. I don't understand how one app on two smartphones may have different interfaces.

Thanks for the reply lossderks.  I am on an iPad with iOS, so no pencil, but I saw a Edit title I thought was a column title, I finally tapped on it and the edit feature which allows deleting the entries came up.  Duh!  Oh well, I’m glad to have found it and appreciate you pointing the way.  

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...