Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500 And M13 Sync With External Cc Via Midi Problem

mgonet

I'm using a M13 in the loop of a Pod HD500 (no DSP issues here!) but have run into an issue with the midi control.  Historically, I had the POD programed to select presets on the M13 via midi using patch specific midi commands to change the M13 settings.  I had the POD global midi setting to one channel, and the POD specific patch midi commands and the M13 set to another channel.  This worked fine.  However, I have been wanting to find a better way to synchronize the POD and M13 tap tempo, since they drift apart after time.  Accordingly, I recently invested in some equipment that will externally send a cc64 command (based on a tempo of the external tap) to the POD and then thru to the M13 (using the out/thru setting on the POD).  In order for both the POD and the M13 to receive and respond to this signal, I had to change the channel on both devices to match.  However, this has now caused the M13 to respond to every patch change on the POD (patch changes not specifically set to change the M13).  I believe the M13 is responding to the POD base "language" that is used to allow the functioning of the footswitches.  Is there any way to "turn off" the midi commands being passed through to the M13 when switching patches?  I can change the channels on the POD and M13 to different channels again, but then my external syncing device will only run either the POD or the M13, not both as I originally intended.  Any thoughts or ideas on how to accomplish my goal of syncing both devices while still maintaining control is appreciated.  

You would have to pick up a device like this to filter out the messages you don't want getting through. I have one, and it works great. They have a little software utility that you can use to program it, and as long you understand the basics of MIDI, it's not too hard.