Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Dual Cabs Blocks - Mixed mono instead of stereo panned?

roscoe5

I use a lot of presets with mixed mutli-cab IR's and two Helix cabs mixed in parallel, often the same cab with two different mics.  

Using Helix Dual Cab blocks would simplify pathing and setup, but I cant seem to find a way to set the Helix Dual Cab blocks to a mixed mono signal.  They are split stereo, one cab left, one cab right.

Am I missing something?

If not, has anyone requested this feature on IdeaScale?

It specifically says in the manual that the XLRs do the same thing, left one is mono if you use only that one. That's super handy if the PA's mono and you're stereo on stage, but I'm a little suspicious, since switching XLRs aren't super common, just because of their physical design. Can anyone confirm that that's real?

Just seemed intuitive and useful to me to have the option of stereo and mono. Its a nice to have, not a need to have.

I wouldn't want Line 6 to spend days or weeks on this. But if its something simple they can do next time they are tweaking the Cab blocks, it would certainly be used and appreciated.

I think I smell fresh Helix cab models cookin in the L6 kitchen ;)

I could achieve this with pan control for each cab in the Dual Cab block as well. Actually pan control would be useful in other ways too. So maybe that's 2+ birds with one pan-stone.

I believe I have seen this requested in some form before.