Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk possibility?

Spider_Jam1002

Ok so I've been looking at Helix and Firehawk type things for a while now, and have been doing some research. I'm looking for a couple things to upgrade, and I think Line 6 is the way to go.

I'm looking for an amp that will sound great at any volume, and has pedal capability. Is the Firehawk 1500 with an FBV3 a good option for gigs? Also, I'm looking for something that I can run between my guitar and a direct box into a church PA. My tone sucks right now, and I need something to give good tones. Will Firehawk fx or Helix work, or can the Firehawk 1500 work for that purpose?

I'm still new to this, so any info will help :)

Got a Firehawk FX as a Father's Day gift. Have not gigged with it yet, but in rehearsals it sounds much better than my Amplifi FX100 that I have gigged with multiple times. When gigging, I ran the Amplifi's 1/4" mono out to my Behringer 12" powered monitor wedge and the XLR link output (pass thru) from the monitor to the PA mixing board, as if it was a mic signal. Great results, many compliments from the audience on tone quality. The HD amp models in Firehawk are noticeably more faithful to the original tube amps, and I'm looking forward to using the XLR mono out to my monitor and the XLR link to FOH. Will post an update when I try it! I'm also planning to get a better monitor (JBL EON) so that a tone dialed in on the monitor will be closer to the FOH tone, considering my band uses JBL mains.