Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm And Pod X3?

Ok sO forgive me if this has been answered a million times over already, but I am curious about something. I own a Pod X3 with all model packs, I know back in Pod farm 1 it was included with the pod X3 at no cost. I never used it because my computer sucked and it would not run correctly. I now have a new computer, and wanted to use pod farm, but what I am having an issue with is if I already spent my money purchasing the model pack for my x3 why on earth would I want to, or better yet should I have to spend 300 on purchasing pod farm platinum???? I know some of you will say why do you need pod farm if you already have the x3, but it is just a weird visual thing. When I am recording I sometimes want that visual interface rather than reach over to my X3 every time I want to make a change.

is there not a pod farm for X3 owners who have already purchase model packs?

Any help would be appreciated.

you don't own the model packs.. .the x3 does... and they are included for use in pod farm 1.12

as long as your x3 is connected to your machine, you are using the right version of pod farm (2.x+ is not a free upgrade)

you will have all the model packs available to you when using pod farm....

disconnect the x3 and the license goes with it...

you need to use line6 monkey and the license manager to authorize the x3 (not your computer)

ok so next question, i downloaded and installed the free version of pod farm 2.5. if i now install the old pod farm, will it work or am i going to have to dig through all my folders and uninstall the pod farm2.5? as ps, my x3 didn't pay for the model packs, i did. lol so i own em damn it!!!!!! ;) 

you paid for the x3.... the x3 just carried the model packs to you :D

(seriously, the x3 dies, your license dies...  this in effect means even people buying used x3's get the license.)

but yeah you can have both versions installed...

but if you don't have a pod farm 2.x license, i'd just uninstall it.

Just for the record, you can not change settings on your X3 with POD Farm. The POD Farm that comes with the X3 is only for the plug-in within a DAW.

To visually change settings on the X3 you would use Gearbox.

Yeah, realized, but still give me the GUI i was looking for with the same tones as what are on my X3. for some reason all the new midi drivers cause gearbox,monkey, and authorization manager to run like crap on mac. Prior to the midi driver update everything opened instantaneously after launching. not I can wait up to 3 or 4 min before it actually launches. So I try not to go into monkey or gearbox if i can avoid it.

But Pod farm is now installed and working great, so thanks again for the help.

• 7 months later...

i would use 1, if you want backwards compatibility with your X3.

but if you're trying to edit tones etc.. you still need gearbox.

some nice bonuses in pod farm 2+, but you cant get those bonuses to your x3... if that matters.