Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

NEW MODE: beyond PRESET and STOMP modes

mapix

Hi All,

I am writing you to propose the creation of a new footswitch mode which I believe would be very useful, especially for rehearsal or gigs.

I usually use just a few presets (around 8), each including a few “direct access switches†such as volume boost on/off, modulation on/off that I often use. In order to do this I need to run my mighty Helix in STOMP footswitch mode. Unfortunately, this means that I have to step on BANK UP or DOWN every time I have to change the preset, in order to temporarily enter PRESET mode. This is not very comfortable as I have to always stomp two times to select a new preset.

My proposal is to create a new mode, “MIX MODEâ€, where

·         FS2, FS3, FS4 and FS5: correspond to FS2, FS3, FS4 and FS5 footswitch of the STOMP MODE,

·         FS8, FS9, FS10 and FS11: correspond to FS8, FS9, FS10 and FS11 of the PRESET mode.

This will allow the player to easily:

1.       recall a new preset, by simply stomping on FS8, FS9, FS10 and FS11 (just one stomp)

2.       activate/deactivate the preset’s FS2, FS3, FS4 and FS5 direct access switches using FS2, FS3, FS4 and FS5 (just one stomp)

3.       Scroll through the banks by using FS1 and FS7 (just one stomp)

This behavior would be similar to traditional MIDI controllers, such as MARK-L FX 25 ACE: it has a row of footswitches to recall presets and another one for direct access switches.

What do you think of this idea?

You can do this today. :) Set Global Settings > Footswitches > Preset Footswitch Mode to "Lower Row." Switches from Stomp mode will appear at FS2-5 in Preset mode.

If you need to move stomp switches around, you can quickly swap locations by touching the two switches you want to swap for two seconds and then press Knob 6 (OK).

• Upvote 2

The mode I'm definitely wishing for is 10 (foot-)switches, but when you go into presets mode and choose a preset, it immediately goes back to 10 switches. That would be really useful for me.

(And that footswitch swap move is awesome, missed that in the manual (is it in there?), found out about it here a while ago, just great!)

You can do this today. :) Set Global Settings > Footswitches > Preset Footswitch Mode to "Lower Row." Switches from Stomp mode will appear at FS2-5 in Preset mode.

If you need to move stomp switches around, you can quickly swap locations by touching the two switches you want to swap for two seconds and then press Knob 6 (OK).

This is marvellous! I forgot about that sentence in the manual  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure: .

Many thanks!!

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys for this post.  This hybrid stomp / preset mode is a new one for me!

I was considering bringing in my Boss FC-50 MIDI foot controller to change Helix presets via MIDI PC and leave Helix in footswitch mode.

(And that footswitch swap move is awesome, missed that in the manual (is it in there?), found out about it here a while ago, just great!)

It was added with 1.06, so it doesn't appear in the 1.0 manual. I believe the CS guys are working on a new doc that lists all current shortcuts.

EDIT: Here's the Helix 2.0 Shortcuts doc (PDF download).

The mode I'm definitely wishing for is 10 (foot-)switches, but when you go into presets mode and choose a preset, it immediately goes back to 10 switches. That would be really useful for me.

This would be WICKED awesome!! Get that in idea scale asap!!