Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Direct Out Firehawk FX

Spider_Jam1002

Ok so I've been looking at multi effects pedals to primarily use at church. The Church uses a direct box, with a single mono 1/4" input, and I'm wondering if the Firehawk FX will sound as good as other multi-effects pedals when hooked up like that. I'm looking for something relatively cheap, and Helix is a bit out of my range. I guess my question is, do people like the way the Firehawk sounds through a single direct box output? 

The Firehawk has a line-level output option (little button on the back), so will work at the correct level without the DI - I prefer the 'amp level' sound (this setting removes the cabinet simulation effect) running into my amp, but the line-level into a good PA or monitor (NOT an amp) sounds quite good also :)

I have been using my FireHawk FX with my bass very successfully at church. XLR stereo out to a floor pocket works very well. Output level to the stereo 1/4" out is configurable. Set the Output Mode pushbutton for your setup. The online FH FX manual explains the options clearly. Read the manual before you buy so that you know what to expect.