Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Possible to send full signal to 1/4 inch out, and 20% signal to xlr??

musiclover7

Trying to figure this out. I am thinking of running my vocal and my guitar into my helix when I play a specific venue with an aging Mixer that lacks adequate reverb for vocals. I typically run my guitar into helix, then into my Twin Reverb amp. Now I want to send vocals to mains, guitar to amp, but then I also would love to send a weak guitar signal to the mains as well primarily so the folks on the other side of the stage can pick up some of it.

So, as I see it, you can select multi output, 1/4 inch, or xlr, etc.. but you cannot select multi and elect to send 100% to 1/4 out and only 20% volume to xlr, or can you?

Maybe I am missing something. Any help appreciated!

Whatever you connect Helix to should typically have mixing capability, but here's how to do it anyway:

Add a Volume/Pan > Gain block. Move it down to Path 1B (or 2B if you're already using both paths). Move the Merge block down to create a duplicate output. Move the Split block all the way right to just before the Output block. Set Output 1A to 1/4" and Output 1B to XLR. Set the XLR Output block's Level parameter to the desired level.

• Upvote 1

Whatever you connect Helix to should typically have mixing capability, but here's how to do it anyway:

Add a Volume/Pan > Gain block. Move it down to Path 1B (or 2B if you're already using both paths). Move the Merge block down to create a duplicate output. Move the Split block all the way right to just before the Output block. Set Output 1A to 1/4" and Output 1B to XLR. Set the XLR Output block's Level parameter to the desired level.

This or if you need this for all patches you can set the "Volume Knob Controls" in Global settings (third page) to XLR.  Now the 1/4 outs will always be full and set the XLR's with the big volume knob on helix to what ever you need.  I guess the disadvantage is you may bump the knob.  the advantage is its global and can be changed for all patches / venues on the fly.

• Upvote 1

This or if you need this for all patches you can set the "Volume Knob Controls" in Global settings (third page) to XLR.  Now the 1/4 outs will always be full and set the XLR's with the big volume knob on helix to what ever you need.  I guess the disadvantage is you may bump the knob.  the advantage is its global and can be changed for all patches / venues on the fly.

This would work - but of course if the vocals are coming through the XLR outs then they will get turned down with the Big Volume Knob as well... so you'd need to add some rather big gain increases on the vocal path to compensate.

This would work - but of course if the vocals are coming through the XLR outs then they will get turned down with the Big Volume Knob as well... so you'd need to add some rather big gain increases on the vocal path to compensate.

ahhhhh, I see now. Then the split path above is better.