Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

help to upgrade

shanecgriffo

i'm looking forward to the new update but kinda scared to as well.. last time i updated a few months ago i was having the connection problem to my mac others were mentioning , then my helix froze while i was tryng to save presets and i had to reboot and reset it to factory settings to get it working again, losing all my presets in the process.. well i've spent many hours making presets since and would be super upset if i lose them again.. it was the helix program on mac, the version just before the editor came out .. i haven't got computer handy to check the number - what helix application/editor should i install to save my presets? i'm reluctant to use the same one i used last time.. can i install the latest? before i update helix firmware.?

i'm looking forward to the new update but kinda scared to as well.. last time i updated a few months ago i was having the connection problem to my mac others were mentioning , then my helix froze while i was tryng to save presets and i had to reboot and reset it to factory settings to get it working again, losing all my presets in the process.. well i've spent many hours making presets since and would be super upset if i lose them again.. it was the helix program on mac, the version just before the editor came out .. i haven't got computer handy to check the number - what helix application/editor should i install to save my presets? i'm reluctant to use the same one i used last time.. can i install the latest? before i update helix firmware.?

It may be a good idea to download the latest 2.0 firmware file to your PC before you get the new Editor installer. After you run the new editor installer which will install the latest version of the Editor and all the latest files, use the firmware file you have downloaded locally with the Updater instead of the one that is up on the Line6 website. This may help ensure an uninterrupted firmware upgrade.

OK, I have a question, this must have been asked 1000 times before.

I have a new Helix incoming  :)

Question:

What is the protocol for setting it up on the computer? Do I upgrade firmware etc before I do anything on the Mac with it. I am guessing I do that, as I would be needing to install the driver etc.

If anyone has a nice easy step by step guide for setup of a new Helix (computer seeing it for first time) I would be very grateful.

Thanks guys.

On windows, when you install the editor it also installs an updater.  Start the Helix and connect the USB to the computer.  Start the updater.  It will give you the option to upgrade the Helix.  It will download the image for you as well. 

Since your unit will be brand new, you don't need to back up presets or anything like that.  The presets will rebuild after the update.

OK, I have a question, this must have been asked 1000 times before.

I have a new Helix incoming  :)

Question:

What is the protocol for setting it up on the computer? Do I upgrade firmware etc before I do anything on the Mac with it. I am guessing I do that, as I would be needing to install the driver etc.

If anyone has a nice easy step by step guide for setup of a new Helix (computer seeing it for first time) I would be very grateful.

Thanks guys.

I'd make sure your new helix works well as is.

Then download the Mac version 2 helix editor software. When you install it the updater is also automatically installed.

Then use the updater to update to version 2 firmware.

that would be all great but now the updater wont sign in with my account :(

Try going to the download page and logging in.  If that works the same username and password should work in the Updater. If necessary go through the process on the download page to get a password reset. If that does not work I would contact Line6 support for assistance or just create a new login.

thanks.. i can log in on the page but not the updater

This may be an issue with the browser or a hung process on your PC. You may want to try clearing your browser cache or even rebooting your PC. If your login is working on the download page it should be working on the Updater. Also, make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest 2.0 version of the Editor installer which will install all the latest files on your PC.