Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.0 Has any changes been made to the amp modelling in general?

johnonguitar

Ok, I haven't updated yet, I will this afternoon but I have heard a few people already say that pre-existing models are sounding a bit less "squirrely". Has any change been made? Just before I update and spend 3 hours convincing myself something has changed when it hasn't!

There have been no changes to the modeling technology nor to existing amp models. There have been changes to the factory presets.

Are those only the factory presets as in the patches or factory presets such as internal levels that may effect amp models etc when using them in user patches?

because having now updated i could swear someones stole the squirrels from the Plexi BRT

...because having now updated i could swear someones stole the squirrels from the Plexi BRT

It is very possible that someone did something behind the scenes and didn't tell us. But... thank goodness they aren't changing the sound of existing models from one FW to the next. I do NOT like that about the way Fractal does things, personally.

There have been no changes to the modeling technology nor to existing amp models. There have been changes to the factory presets.

The overall tone to me sounds way better.. 

Does anyone know what the Digital Output Level does in the Global settings / ins and outs? 

There are Digital Outputs on the backpanel - It just controls the level of this.

It is not for playback via usb.

thanks for the correction. note to self "coffee before posting". ☺ï¸

• Upvote 1

Playback via USB can now be controlled as well, but it's a different parameter on Page 1 of the Ins/Outs Global Settings menu: USB In 1/2 Trim

THANK !!  YOU !!!

( would be nice if in the future we could assign the headphone knob to the trim - since its likely that this parameter would need to be changed quite a bit - on the fly - in live situations - backing tracks etc etc- but maybe that knob is hard-wired and not under software control ? dunno ) ..  DI ? 

It sounded kinda better to me too. But maybe that was because I was imagining total breakdown explosion self destruction stuff to happen when during the update suddenly some extraterrestrian looking characters were all over my screen. Having the update go through anyways and being able to play the Helix again after that shock felt so much better. Maybe that's why I thought it sounded so good :-P

Amp models have not changed. However:

• Model defaults have likely changed
  • Amp-model centric presets (beginning of FACTORY 1 setlist) have likely changed
  • The impedance circuit on the Guitar In now defaults to "Auto"
  • Resetting Global Settings (required for the update) may have changed some parameters that affect level