Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Glenn Delaune

chrisman

Hello everyone! Wanted to let you all know that Glenn's tones are awesome. Plus, he will go out of his way to assist you with any issues you may experience. I have contacted him (by email) and he is always willing to answer any questions you have. He is a excellent musician and his patches work flawlessly. Check him out on his web page and see if he can help you.

• Upvote 2

I just bought his entire collection pack last weekend. To be honest I really only got it for the organ tone (does everything I needed from my EHX B9 pedal so able to sell of another) but thought it might be worth grabbing the whole lot. Really well put together and absolutely great tomes. I second the quality of them. Classic Guitar emulation is also just beautiful.

Speaking of Glenn I have seen many posts that mention to use his recommended global eq settings. I must be missing something because I can not find them anywhere?

Oh and I agree he is awesome.

• Upvote 2

I have a bunch of your patches also Glenn, and I really like them. I'll usually go through yours to see if any will work for a particular song, before I go through the factory ones, or start building one myself. Keep up the good work!

Glenn's tones and switch settings are amazing for live playing. I've purchased almost all of his patches. His 3 channel amp patches are absolutley phenomenal. I could go on an on about the sounds/patches. I'm very excited to get the custom artists volume 2 patches....Andy Timmons? Boston? Two of my favorites. Glenn is an extremely helpful man who (even though I've overlooked directions from Line6) will do everything in his power to get you your tones and get them working on your Helix. I highly recommend anyone and everyone to try his tones. Check out his YouTube videos too.

• Upvote 1

Couldn't agree more re: Glenn's patches and his willingness to help. Super responsive and the patches he produces are top notch. And at just a couple of bucks per patch, you can't beat the price. Killer tone for the price of a cup of coffee !!! (Not including the $1500 bones for a Helix....... :-)

Glenn is a complete gentleman. Supports his work and really loves what he does. Like most of us, I have a day job and not enough time to learn and fiddle with all the amazing Helix features. He provides a solid uniform array of patches and I can fine tune from there. I am a return customer many times from the POD HD line and will keep coming back. Looking forward to the Artist Series 2. Thanks Glenn!

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Glenn I have seen many posts that mention to use his recommended global eq settings. I must be missing something because I can not find them anywhere?

Oh and I agree he is awesome.

What global eq settings?

His recommended global EQ settings are included as a "read me" file on some of his downloads... I think i noticed it on his Gilmour pack.

IIRC Glenn just suggests a low and hi cut. I don't remember what those numbers are as I set mine a little less aggressively.

I am sure Glenn would provide those to any of his customers via email.

Also, thank you Glenn for your hard work. I have 6 presets I use for my cover band, and four of them are yours.

I just picked up his Snapshot Package yesterday and he hit it out of the park yet again. He is consistently putting out high-quality presets and is a great guy as well. His patches are great just as they are and they're also good for jumping-off points for tweaking.

Thanks Glenn and please keep them coming!

• Upvote 1

Glenn, it was your videos that finally convinced me that Helix was a huge departure from Line 6's previous endeavors, and as a result I am also now a happy Helix owner.  I'm sure that many others have been similarly influenced, and I thank you for that.  

Line 6 should buy you a new car.

• Upvote 1

I had a blast last night programming Snapshots into my various Glenn DeLaune patches! And for what it's worth, using the new "Line 6 2204 mod" amp model in his Slash/GNR patch is killer! I jammed out on 'snapshot' tweaked versions of his SRV, Santana, Aerosmith, Bonnamasa, Gary Moore and Slash patches for quite a while yesterday. So much more to explore!

A little crucial note from the manual that I missed when I dived right in and skipped the manual bit..

"As long as a parameter is not assigned to any controller, its value is maintained across snapshots."

Meaning that if you want to get the snapshots to adjust things like amp model settings, you have to do a special move; simply adjusting the gain level or eq or any other setting in an amp model or in any of the FX won't do anything other than change that value for all the snapshots.

"To adjust a parameter WITHOUT it automatically updating per snapshot, just turn the knob like you normally would."

"To adjust a parameter AND have it automatically update per snapshot, press and turn the knob."

• Upvote 1

Glenn, it was your videos that finally convinced me that Helix was a huge departure from Line 6's previous endeavors, and as a result I am also now a happy Helix owner.  I'm sure that many others have been similarly influenced, and I thank you for that.  

Line 6 should buy you a new car.

It seems to me Glenn and Line6 have a mutually beneficial relationship - without the Helix, Glenn wouldn't have anything to make and sell patches for - and Line 6 benefits because it gains more customers thanks to Glenn demoing his patches.   

• 8 months later...

I just bought the bundle (the big one with everything) and so far after 30 minutes it is still processing (buffering) when I tried to save it. I have Windows 7 so I shouldn't have any problems

Hello Sir, Thank you very much. Have you been taken care of yet?? Just seeing this post now sorry.

His latest pack , the hi gain models and the boutique amp pack before ir, are another level , stuff, ive also got the artist pack, but these latest ones are better again, 

so much so that i cant tell the difference in his blackstar S1 patch, and the The S1 valve head ive just sold, to me it FEELS exactly the same as the head did,

they clean up when theyre supposed to and snarl when theyre supposed to.

well worth the money for the packs, i cant get near them with my own efforts £1250 processor and ive got 50 quid ears :)

• Upvote 1

His latest pack , the hi gain models and the boutique amp pack before ir, are another level , stuff, ive also got the artist pack, but these latest ones are better again, 

so much so that i cant tell the difference in his blackstar S1 patch, and the The S1 valve head ive just sold, to me it FEELS exactly the same as the head did,

they clean up when theyre supposed to and snarl when theyre supposed to.

well worth the money for the packs, i cant get near them with my own efforts £1250 processor and ive got 50 quid ears :)

Thank you so much for your continued support Sir.

Simply put, Glenn is a standup guy. Humble, honest, always willing to take time to help if need be and he has a crazy schedule through all this. I cannot say enough good things about him and his patches rock!!! Take a listen to the new high gain patches he just did, specifically the Bogner Xtacy phenomenal!

Yup, agree with all the sentiments here. I've purchased some Glenn and have tweaked slightly, added a couple things and have two main patches with for snapshots each that I use in church that will cover everything from gospel, rock, ballads and even the occasional hymn! Appreciate ya Glenn!

I agree withal the previous sentiments.  Glenn has put in serious time and effort to produce excellent sounding & practical functioning

patches that have helped us all out in realizing the power of the Helix platform.  Thank you Glenn!!!!

I just bought the Glenn DeLaune bundle for my Helix, but the highs are a little too sharp and the overall sound not warm at all like his videos.  Judging by the good comments, I'm sure there is a remedy for this.  I'm using an EV ZLX for my FRFR.  When I play his videos through the EV, It sounds great.  Any suggestions?

I just bought the Glenn DeLaune bundle for my Helix, but the highs are a little too sharp and the overall sound not warm at all like his videos.  Judging by the good comments, I'm sure there is a remedy for this.  I'm using an EV ZLX for my FRFR.  When I play his videos through the EV, It sounds great.  Any suggestions?

Thank you so much Sir. Easy fix. All you have to do is go into the Cab block and use the Hi Cut to tame some of the high end. Yeah those EV's tend to accentuate the high end a little. I'd like to take this opportunity to Thank you all so much for your kind words, encouragement and support throughout this journey. Good things coming so thank you for your continued support. I really do appreciate each and every one of you here in my Line 6 Family. I'd also like to give a special thanks to Eric K., Frank R.. Adrian H, Ben A., Paul H., and Eric B. You Guys ROCK!!!!  \m/

Thanks Glenn.  I tried it out last night.  Everyone was impressed (included me, which is hard to do, haha).  Also I really dig your videos.  It gives me a chance to quickly learn songs that stumped me in the past (Sultans of Swing).

I see that Glenn is producing a Helix Screen protector.

If anyone has purchased one, I'd be interested to hear your comments?

Yes MusicLaw, I bought one, I didn't want to take the chance of screen getting scratched (I still keep touching the screen thinking it is touch function, lol). It is good, very simple you could make your own, but the time to get the material and cut it out.... Buy it from Glenn and just stick it on.. It looks like it is supposed to be there.

I purchased it when I bought my Helix, then my Helix would not boot up again, so I got it replaced by Sweetwater, so I removed the Screen Protector and put it on the new one, If you do remove it it may not stick all the way around when reattaching, mine has one side that won't stay down. I just need to buy some thin clear double stick tape to make it perfect again, but it has lasted the 11 months like that...

I to have Liked Glenn's Patches!  Great work Glenn!!!

I've been a customer since my HD500X days and I own all of his Helix stuff.  The latest high-gain pack is my absolute favorite, especially the Splawn and Victory models.  BTW, these models have incredible clean sounds as well.

Does his pack transfer well to the PA system or do we have to adjust anything depend on the venues etc... ?  all the video sound great through my headphone, I bought the Gilmour pack myself and his screen protector, can't wait

My patches transfer nicely into the PA. I've tested them all during live gigs. But that's just me saying so, others may want to chime in about using them direct. I run my helix XLR Direct to FOH and for my stage sound i use the Firehawk 1500. It's loud enough for pretty much any venue but If I'm playing arena's I'll still go direct but I will move to marshall heads and 4x12 cabs for my stage sound.  Thank you all so much for your continued support.

My patches transfer nicely into the PA. I've tested them all during live gigs. But that's just me saying so, others may want to chime in about using them direct. ....

I use Glenn's patches direct to PA and they sound great with little to no tweaking.

• Upvote 1