Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Glenn Delaune

chrisman

I've been using Glenn's patches since getting my Helix back in April 2016. All of his patches are good but some a simply GREAT.

Check out the Victory 40 patch in his Clean Boutique amp package. It is 100% authentic in tone and feel. It also serves as a fantastic pedal platform.

Another of my favorites is his Angus Young patch from his Custom Artists Vol. II. I swapped the amp type to a JTM45 and the results were astounding. His custom IRs really make a huge difference in tone and feel. I've never been happier with my tone and I was a self-professed "tube guy" who has owned just about every tube amp over the last 20 years AND swore that I'd never use a digital rig.

Helix + Glenn + Me = a perfect match.

Rock on.

I bought some presets from him when I first got my Helix. I used those presets tweaked slightly for my first few gigs with the Helix. I have since moved to creating my own presets, but Glenn's stuff was real nice and helped me get of to a quick start.

-Max

thanks guys and especially Glen, so far I bought this custom artist both volume and boutique amp vol 1, I don't have much time to tweak now due to family and job commitment, so it's huge help for me to get some specific tone done and bring to rehearsal, I'm in cover band where we do all kind of classic rock from 70 to 90s , so need wide range of tonality. 

I'm still looking for FRFR solutions...

No time to read all the comments. So can you answer me if Glenn´s presets/patches include IR's? They sound really good and if they include the IR's I go get some. Do you guys have to adjst the tones to match your gear or do they sound pretty much like in Glenn´s demos? I am using well made Tokai Les Paul copy and Carvin guitar. 

Glenn's IRs aren't the usual cab emulations. They're essentially preset EQs built to match some specific tone. He calls them "tone match" if I remember right. Don't remember for sure if some of his patches include traditional cab IRs or not, but I think most recent ones don't, just tone match.

Which isn't to say they're not useful, just that you're getting a different thing, to be used differently. He covers this in his materials.

Glenn's IRs aren't the usual cab emulations. They're essentially preset EQs built to match some specific tone. He calls them "tone match" if I remember right. Don't remember for sure if some of his patches include traditional cab IRs or not, but I think most recent ones don't, just tone match.

Which isn't to say they're not useful, just that you're getting a different thing, to be used differently. He covers this in his materials.

One thing I've learned in my 30 years of playing guitar, is that you could hand me any famous guitar player's rig, and I'm still going to sound like me playing through Mr. Famous's rig.  :(   I've purchased several of Glen's packs.  I like them, and I think they sound good.  I can't make them sound like Glen does on the video.  I don't have his guitars, and I don't play with his hands (or that weird thumb-picking thing he's got going on).  He's pretty good.  His demos are well arranged and EQd, and you're often hearing multiple tracks.  For me, they're worth the minimal investment.  10 patches with snapshots for $20?  I spend more on coffee.  And he's answered every question and supported me super quickly when the downloads have had technical issues.  Stand up guy.  

I just bought the High Gain set and it was well worth the $25.  Patches sound great, the IRs are very interesting, and it's given me some insight on advanced things I can do with my Helix.  I'll likely return for more.  Solid stuff. 

He call them "tone imprint IR" LOL 

And it is a simple tone match IR,s

No EQ preset will get that job done you need more stuff than just an EQ to match an EQ curve.

You can do this yourself as long as you have an isolated track of the tone/track you want to "match"

Or if you have the option so you can record a friends boutique or very expensive amp.And then match the IR so it will have that EQ curve so it,s sounds just like that recording so you will get the flavor of that amp.

But you need a tone matching EQ plugin/software like iZotope Ozone or similar and Voxengo deconvolver or similar software to make a test tone frequence sweep so you can make a macthing IR.

There is even tone matching software available that is said to "match" a specific music genre so your mix when mastered will sound similar to that genre 

This one have 100 band EQ & 8 Multiband Comp WOW

http://www.curioza.com/

Hi

I bought Artist pack I, mostly because Slash, Moore and Page patches. They sound all bad. Something must be wrong here since I believe Glenn is a good and honest guy. I tried all the patches and they sound like crap. Well it was not financially big lost but I can create much better patches in minutes but not even close to that good that I hear in Glenn´s videos where the sounds are perfect.  I did not get any instructions in the download file.

There most be something wrong with my settings or something. They cant sound that much different than in Glenn´s videos. 

Do I have something seriously wrong with global settings or what is this? I have tried it with LP and Carvin JB200C so they are both high quality guitars.     

What's your output device? Are you routing the Helix output to a guitar amp or an FRFR/PA system? Glenn's patches are designed for the latter. If you are using a guitar amp you will need to do some tweaking.

I connect Helix to KRK Rokit 6 active monitors via XLR cables.

I think you shouldn't use Global Settings engaged with Glenn Patches  cause they have their own eq already (as far as I know), someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,

Hi

I bought Artist pack I, mostly because Slash, Moore and Page patches. They sound all bad. Something must be wrong here since I believe Glenn is a good and honest guy. I tried all the patches and they sound like crap. Well it was not financially big lost but I can create much better patches in minutes but not even close to that good that I hear in Glenn´s videos where the sounds are perfect.  I did not get any instructions in the download file.

There most be something wrong with my settings or something. They cant sound that much different than in Glenn´s videos. 

Do I have something seriously wrong with global settings or what is this? I have tried it with LP and Carvin JB200C so they are both high quality guitars.     

I reset to factory settings and Glenn´s patches started to work fine via monitors. Actually I dont know what it did since it is still firmware 2.12.0 but anyway they sound fine now. I have no idea why they sounded terribly when I first imported them to Helix but everything is ok now.

• 2 months later...

Hi Glenn,

I know this question doesn't fit in here really but what do you consider as the best way to use a Helix LT Live on stage? With an Amp or direct in the PA or both? Have you tried the Line6 Stagesources out and what do you think of them?

Greetings from Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany

Been thinking of picking these up myself. I've been able to dial in some great tones myself but want some more variety. Wondering how they will sound with a pair of stagesource l3t's and what speaker mode and orientation they would sound best with. Particularly interested in the new high gain patches.

Hi Glenn,

I know this question doesn't fit in here really but what do you consider as the best way to use a Helix LT Live on stage? With an Amp or direct in the PA or both? Have you tried the Line6 Stagesources out and what do you think of them?

Greetings from Schwäbisch Gmünd, Germany

Been thinking of picking these up myself. I've been able to dial in some great tones myself but want some more variety. Wondering how they will sound with a pair of stagesource l3t's and what speaker mode and orientation they would sound best with. Particularly interested in the new high gain patches.

Hi guys, I've been told they sound good with the Stagesource speakers but i use a Firehawk 1500 and they sound great through that thing. I have also used them with a pair of Alesis Alpha 112 1000 watt speakers and again, very good sound. I just use that for stage sound though. I always run the Helix/Helix LT direct to FOH.  Thank you very much guys.

I use a pair of LT2s in floor mode.  While I don't have his latest set, I do have a couple of Glen's packages.  One of my favorites is the Bogner Ecstasy.  I did replace his IR with one from the Ownhammer pack, which I prefer.   If nothing else, they are great starting points.  Save a copy of them and tweak away.  I feel like they were good value for the money, and Glen has been very responsive when I needed help with the patches or with a transaction.   I used them as templates when I first started with Helix.  Reminds me that I need to go check out his latest.  

I use a pair of LT2s in floor mode.  While I don't have his latest set, I do have a couple of Glen's packages.  One of my favorites is the Bogner Ecstasy.  I did replace his IR with one from the Ownhammer pack, which I prefer.   If nothing else, they are great starting points.  Save a copy of them and tweak away.  I feel like they were good value for the money, and Glen has been very responsive when I needed help with the patches or with a transaction.   I used them as templates when I first started with Helix.  Reminds me that I need to go check out his latest.  

Thank you very much SF. Here is what I've been working lately. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

Hi

This may be a dumb question but given how bad you say they are, are you using his IR's? They are critical for his patches. You have to make sure you are using the correct IR for the correct patch.

Hi

Hello

Same as Soultrainer

I bought the ultimate bundle 6 months ago and have never been able to use it. I tried with a different setup of a friend and same result (direct PA)

I do not understand the problem because I use a lot of Fremen patches and I have the same sound as his demos

Obviously the IR matches the patches well

It's frustrating that I haven't found the problem because the sound of Glenn's demos is amazing

I reset to factory settings and Glenn´s patches started to work fine via monitors. Actually I dont know what it did since it is still firmware 2.12.0 but anyway they sound fine now. I have no idea why they sounded terribly when I first imported them to Helix but everything is ok now.

Have you tried Soultrainer's solution?

The one he provided that I quoted in my previous post - factory reset which presumably restored global settings to the ones Glenn's patches presume.

Sorry, as you were. The post I replied to had a post just above it from him with no solution, I didn't go back and check. My bad.