Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix keeps freezing up after 2.0

ryanclark1

I installed 2.0  following the instructions exactly including the 9 +10 restart.  Everything seemed to work ok until I re-imported my setlists and IRs. It freezes up scrolling through patches and I have to reboot and then it works for a couple minutes and then freezes up again.  I have gone through the install process including step 7 restart along with re-importing all my setlists and IRs three times now, and it continues to freeze up. I noticed every time it freezes up it has to rebuild several patches when it starts back up. It seems like I have some bad patches that don’t work with 2.0. I have over 100 patches though, so not sure which ones it doesn’t like. I hate to have to rebuild them all from scratch. Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions?

Oh man, I am staying the hell away from the update for about a week or two until these settle down. A number of people seem to be hitting quirks in the update process or thereafter that the trick restart isn't resolving. Hopefully the exception to the rule.

Yes, I used Helix Editor version 1.12, which looks like the latest.

Nope. The latest one is "Helix 2.0" you'll find that on the Line 6 website just below

the "Flash Memory" download section. Keep scrolling down the page and you'll see it.

13619949_1742895959256276_92910021191883

• Downvote 1

I installed the latest editor first, then installed 2.0 firmware to Helix. It froze up for sure. I had elected NOT to to go back to factory settings, but after the unit froze 2 or 3 times, I did the reset, and it worked fine. 

Yeah this time you'll have to do the full reset. No way around it. V2.0 has so many things deep inside the code that was changed so that's the reason for the full reset. The reset adds many more Global Menu settings and options as well as the new amps & effects.

• Upvote 1