Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

th-IRs-Thursday IR's Bonus - Acoustic Sim v2 Beta IR, Patch, and Sound Clip

roscoe5

If anyone has a little time, please give this Acoustic Sim v2 Beta.wav a spin.

The IR level needs to be around 0db or less depending on your guitar and (bass) amp model you use.

It was designed for humbucker pickups (used my PRS Singlecut Trem), but actually works okay with single coils with level tweaks.

I have some ideas for a full pack, but need a little testing and feedback on this one first.  These are sort of a PITA to make, but worth it.  

This Acoustic Sim IR and Amp patch may keep me from hacking my PRS to install piezos...for now anyway  It tastes acoustic-y enough for live work I think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qit1ak8fxp5kqad/AAA6BwuVgBjg8Wx7IV0MsmYta?dl=0

Update: Helix Acoustic Guitar and Amp preset built and MP3 clip added.

Also posted clip to Soundcloud (Helix & PRS only, no DAW effects)

https://soundcloud.com/michael-potts-995394155/helix-acoustic-sim-ir-and-patch-beta

I tried to make the patch as dry as possible (10 band eq is off) so you can hear the basic sound.  I left some space for reverb and effects of choice, as well as the looper for tweaking.

The Helix preset is this IR, Cali Bass (Mesa M9) amp model with no cab, LA Comp Compressor, and Noise Gate.

I change the Cali Bass voicing every 4 bars of the riff. 5 voicings total.

If you haven't noticed, bass amps make great acoustic amps  :) 

Helix%2BAcoustic%2BSim%2BBeta%2BPreset.J

I uploaded a simple guitar loop clip of the Acoustic Sim Beta IR in an Acoustic Amp patch I built.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-potts-995394155/helix-acoustic-sim-ir-and-patch-beta

This is an Acoustic Sim IR I created for my PRS Singlecut Trem guitar magnetic humbuckers. The pickup selector is in the middle with both humbuckers active.

The Helix preset is this IR, Cali Bass (Mesa M9) amp model with no cab, LA Comp Compressor, and Noise Gate.

If you haven't noticed, bass amps make great acoustic amps :)

Hi, roscoe5. I won't be able to test on my Helix until this evening.  I don't see the IR -- unless it's somehow integrated in the .hlx patch?

It's the *.wav file in the Dropbox folder.

Acoustic Sim v2 Beta.wav

I uploaded a simple guitar loop clip of the Acoustic Sim Beta IR in an Acoustic Amp patch I built.

This is an Acoustic Sim IR I created for my PRS Singlecut Trem guitar magnetic humbuckers. The pickup selector is in the middle with both humbuckers active.

If you haven't noticed, bass amps make great acoustic amps :)

Thanks.  I'll take it out for a spin once the week settles down with all the new ideas Snapshots gives me B)

Dennis

Ha, yeah. Bad timing for me to be posting stuff.

I think I'm going to to separate IRs for the Amplitube 4 Acoustic Sim for the 3 top types and 3 body types for each for both the single coil setting and humbucker setting, 12 IRs total. We can put a body and top IR in parallel in Helix to give us similar functionality to AT4 AS. This would also enable us to separately eq (and other effects) the body and top IRs, which would be a step beyond the functionality of AT4 AS.

I'll probably do some mixes too once I get the separates lined out.

• Upvote 1