Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Grabbed Glenn Delaunes Snapshots

BigRalphN

Wow. I know some don't like buying presets but the Helix community is really lucky to have Glenn making presets. I have an AX8 also and I can tell you that AX8 doesn't have anyone releasing the quality patches that he releases. Specially at the fair prices Glenn has. In fact they only have one that releases in any quantity (at least that I have found). Those are nice but there is work involved in each to get them right. Glenn's are always plug and play other than the fact it sounds like the future releases will require an included iR (which will only improve them). Head to https://www.glenndelaune.com/patch%20downloads.htmand grab the new Snaoshots.

I am just too lazy, and frankly not good enough, to come up with them. It takes a ton of time. This really helps guys like me out. Plus I tear them apart and learn how to better make my own. The new snapshots were released almost alongside the 2.0 update which was great. I am actually going to use the new Mesa he did in church on Sunday.

• Upvote 3

I am just too lazy, and frankly not good enough, to come up with them. It takes a ton of time. This really helps guys like me out. Plus I tear them apart and learn how to better make my own. The new snapshots were released almost alongside the 2.0 update which was great. I am actually going to use the new Mesa he did in church on Sunday.

Although I STRONGLY recommend making your own. All good reasons to pay a few bucks for a kickstart!

Although I STRONGLY recommend making your own. All good reasons to pay a few bucks for a kickstart!

You will be happy to know our church patch is made by my son and I. We need a few special verb and delay stuff for the current stuff we do to create ambience, plus crunch, clean and lead. I actually mad snapshots for them today. It is for m son and the other lead player. When I play I use a modified Glenn patch. I will probably use his Mesa Snapshot tomorrow. Lol. I also started working on the AX8 for when we gave two electrics (basically all winter).

+1 for Glenn's patches and his efforts. Great guy and very accessible. I have all of his patches -- minus these snapshot patches, because I am too chicken to do the FW 2.0 update with upcoming gigs. Sounds like a few people have bricked their Helix and need to send it back to Line 6. The band is taking the month of August off -- I'll do the update then and grab Glenn's snapshot patches. I am very hopeful that snapshots will enable me to run on a single preset for the whole show, except for some "specialty patches" like U2, SRV.

This was an awesome thread. I will be buying some of Glenn's patches for sure as I am just too busy in my life to sit at the Helix for hours trying to program patches.  I just want to plug in and play! Awesome work Glenn.