Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Computer noise through Helix

Flotsam71

Just have a crazy question for everyone.....When my helix is connected to my PC via USB, I hear digital noise....like static from mouse movements and mouse button clicking. Even if helix is off...It comes through my amp. Could this just be a ground loop thing...all for mentioned items are on the same circuit.  No other sound comes through...such as music because it is turned off from PC. Not using helix as a "speaker".                     Thanks so much guys...Love this forum....and the helix!!!

For my live setup (which is a Helix being used as a multi FX and sent into two amps, and also being used to send MIDI signals to a computer that handle various things), I had to remove the USB connection between the Helix and the computer and use a MIDI cable instead. If not, computer was making noise in the amps...

(Using an outlet without ground helped a little, but just a little, was not enough.)

If computer is making noise through your amps you should be able to fix that by telling your computer to stop outputting audio to that USB device. In your computer settings tell it to ignore the Helix as soundcard. Windows is especially bad at this but it can happen on OSX as well.

If computer is making noise through your amps you should be able to fix that by telling your computer to stop outputting audio to that USB device. In your computer settings tell it to ignore the Helix as soundcard. Windows is especially bad at this but it can happen on OSX as well.

Nope, already tried, that doesn't work.

That being said, for MIDI only, MIDI cables are way more easier (and stable) to use anyway...