Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any way to get more than 10 foot switches in a patch?

musiclover7

Trying to figure this out. Is it possible to get more than 10 foot switches in a patch? I am guessing probably no, but sort of looking for a way to maybe get another row of 5 below, with a way to switch down to them, then back up if needed. I know, sort of over kill, but I am out of switches in my current patch, and trying to figure out a way to get more to control certain parameters. Any help appreciated!

One idea I've used sometimes is a More switch, doesn't turn anything on or off, just jacks up a lot of the other blocks somehow. It's "more footswitches" in the sense that each of your other footswitches now does two things, kinda. For instance, a crunch-level OD could get more drive, chorus gets fast speed, etc. Main limitations are the of course there are combinations you can't do -- everything is either More'd or not, all at once -- and you can only 8 parameters to a switch (a limitation L6 has said is for our sanity only, and which I hope will be removed some day).

Other than that, no, I'm not aware of any way for a single patch to have more than 10 footswitches available.

You can attach an external midi controller and have additional footswitches available for use.

Can you link to an example maybe? I am researching this option currently. Really, I guess what I am after is approx two more foot switches, though more cannot hurt. I don't want to break the bank to get them.

I don't know that snapshots is exactly what I am after, but it helps. If you want to maintain 10 fs in a patch, then your only option to get to snapshots as I see it is to exit stomp mode, and hold down up and down at same time. I still want the option to swap presets, so this gives me access to 4 snapshots. Helpful for sure, but not ideal.

That morningstar thing is great, for instance, if you want to have 10 footswitches AND access to scenes separately at the same time.

It will NOT give you access to more than 10 FX on/off stomp-style footswitches, though.

If you need more than 10, I think you need to re-think your workflow.

If you need more than 10, I think you need to re-think your workflow.

I agree, the new snapshot feature allows up to 8 footswitches that can turn on/off a huge array of pedals and parameters simultaneously. It is hard for me to envision a song that would require more than 8 potentially fairly complex scenarios. If it did you could always switch to the next preset and have 8 more snapshots/footswitches at your disposal.

Workflow is that now I am up to 12 stomps in a single preset, plus the looper, so 13 total. Snapshots are helpful.  I managed to leverage 3 of them to accomplish closer to what I am after, at least as much as I really know what I am after.  I am a pretty in the moment player, and as much as I have been into effects (only been incorporating them for the past 4 years or so), I tend to reach for them sort of like a painter reaches for colors, as the moment demands it. 

I don't see myself tweaking a separate preset for every song. I'd much rather get a single preset where I want it with enough colors on the palette, and just work directly from it, adding colors on the fly.

Anyways... Thanks for the advice all.

• Upvote 1