chrismreeves

Buying a New Amp...DT & HD500x or Firehawk 1500?

I'm simplifying my setup, selling all my analog gear and going to digital/modeling.  I don't gig anymore and it's just for playing in my office.  Never mind the wattage of either or how loud they get.  I'm just looking for sound quality differences.  Fire away and thanks for the help!

I've owned the HD500X and I still own the DT25.  If I were starting from scratch, and only had the 2 choices you offer, I'd go with the Firehawk.  The HD500X can probably get just as good of tones as the Firehawk but it really requires a lot of tweaking for most people.  The Firehawk looks much easier for quickly dialing in great tones.

I currently use a Helix along with my DT25 and PA speakers.

I've owned the HD500X and I still own the DT25.  If I were starting from scratch, and only had the 2 choices you offer, I'd go with the Firehawk.  The HD500X can probably get just as good of tones as the Firehawk but it really requires a lot of tweaking for most people.  The Firehawk looks much easier for quickly dialing in great tones.

I currently use a Helix along with my DT25 and PA speakers.

Ooooooh, I'll bet that sounds awesome. Yeah, I wouldn't mind the tweaking, but I want the tones more than anything so I think I'm inclined to go with the firehawk, too.