Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2204 Amp Model Demo - Metal! - 2.0 Firmware Update

ChristianArnold

Nice tone, playing, and writing.

You may have forced me to look at that amp for a future song.

I particularly like your choice of guitars! Ibanez! I was pondering the idea of picking up an RG652K. How do you like your prestige?

Nice tone, playing, and writing.

You may have forced me to look at that amp for a future song.

I particularly like your choice of guitars! Ibanez! I was pondering the idea of picking up an RG652K. How do you like your prestige?

Thanks! Ibanez is my new go to brand. I absolutely love my new prestige.

First thing I did when I updated to 2.0 was create a Mesa MkIV lead patch. Sounded great!

But then I set up a snapshot using this mod 2204 and A/B'ed them side by side. 

For my ears...this modded Marshall sounded a bit better to me. I now use it for both my crunch and lead sounds (drive turned back and a little different EQ for crunch). LOVE it!

EDIT: By the way...this week I've been using my Ibanez RG2020 and it just sounds so full and nice! I long ago replaced the stock pickups with Duncan JB's
Nice, fat, and warm. And of course the super fast Ibanez necks are legendary. 

Next week I'll probably switch over to my Jeff Beck Custom Shop strat. I go through phases....lol

If my Helix were to suffer some catastrophic firmware issue that resulted in the 2204 Mod model to be the only amp in the unit, it might take me a week or two to notice the rest were gone.  I'm liking it THAT MUCH.  

If my Helix were to suffer some catastrophic firmware issue that resulted in the 2204 Mod model to be the only amp in the unit, it might take me a week or two to notice the rest were gone.  I'm liking it THAT MUCH.  

Yep, I feel exactly the same way. Day # 3 on my new Helix and I have not moved off the 2204 Mod amp....It for me is the tone i remember as being great! In one preset using 2004 amp I can go from 70's up to modern day tones on the same amp model using Snapshots, just awesome.

Thanks! Ibanez is my new go to brand. I absolutely love my new prestige.

Lovely guitar Chris and a great video. I have watched all your videos over the years but you are at a whole new level now, very pro!

That was great!

I love that new amp.  It has already replaced the stock 2204 in my own patches.

Yep, I can see how that would be the case for those of you that have had the Helix for a while.

That 2204 and the Matchless Channel 1 are the only two amp models I am now using. :)

Covering everything from clean to funk with Matchless. And crunch to lead with the 2204

Agreed  :)