Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Acoustic Simulator

bubba871x

You're not missing anything, and they didn't forget it. It's just not there, one of thousands of real-world pedals that aren't modelled in Helix.

Thats too bad. I know they can;t model every pedal but any good acoustic simulator would have been useful.  Its kind of a staple for me since our band does a lot of 70's & 80's. Used it on Boston songs, Poison, Tesla, etc...

Did I miss something or did Line 6 forget to put in the AC-3 acoustic simulator pedal as a stomp box?  

DI addresses the fact that the high on the radar need became the snapshots.  I'm not saying your needs for the stomp box you requested aren't important.  Just saying it is not in the mix yet.  But since I have been using the Helix the updates keep coming AND they keep improving the Helix.

The acoustic simulations can be currently addressed via the preset that Glenn DeLaune has on his site for sale, which really isn't much $$$ and the demo can be seen via

With snap shots I am thinking I can take Glenn's preset and add other blocks to make it a really cool preset for acoustic AND electric now [sHOUT OUT to Glenn for starting me out on that path and Line 6 for snapshots].  Also roscoe5 has a great collection of IRs for an acoustic preset.

No disrespect intended.  Just offering ideas for the time being

Dennis

DI addresses the fact that the high on the radar need became the snapshots.  I'm not saying your needs for the stomp box you requested aren't important.  Just saying it is not in the mix yet.  But since I have been using the Helix the updates keep coming AND they keep improving the Helix.

The acoustic simulations can be currently addressed via the preset that Glenn DeLaune has on his site for sale, which really isn't much $$$ and the demo can be seen via

With snap shots I am thinking I can take Glenn's preset and add other blocks to make it a really cool preset for acoustic AND electric now [sHOUT OUT to Glenn for starting me out on that path and Line 6 for snapshots].  Also roscoe5 has a great collection of IRs for an acoustic preset.

No disrespect intended.  Just offering ideas for the time being

Dennis

Sweet!  I missed that on his site. That will solve my problem for now, thank you. I did download two of his patch sets and they are awesome!

Did I miss something or did Line 6 forget to put in the AC-3 acoustic simulator pedal as a stomp box?

I posted an Acoustic Simulator IR made from the new Amplitube 4 acoustic simulator, which is similar in functionality to the Boss AC series. It works with electric mag pickups.

The AT4 acoustic sim has 3 body types, 3 top types, and a single coil and humbucker setting. I'd like to get some user feedback on the one I made before going all out.

It worked well on a gig for me this weekend.

http://line6.com/support/topic/21537-th-irs-thursday-irs-bonus-acoustic-sim-v2-beta-ir-patch-and-sound-clip/?do=findComment&comment=163219