Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ik Iloud for Helix, anyone??

johnonguitar

Anyone used one of these? looking for a portable practice solution for Helix that will also play backing tracks. Its looking like the ticket. 

Currently playing it through my THR10 on the fly but the iLoud looks like it would fit in a guitar bag easier?

yeah? thats awesome will have a look, cheers for the headsup

Just to muddy the waters for you, you might consider the $299 Line 6 Amplifi 30 as well.  you can go 1/4" Phones out of Helix into the 1/8" Aux in of the Amplifi.

It also has Bluetooth audio, a pair of 2-way speakers, and of course its own amps and effects too.  It may even sound better.  It's pretty small and portable as well.

Check out some Youtube videos of both.  IMO in the videos that I just saw, the Amplifi 30 sounded better than the iLoud with Amplitube.

Or you could get a used Amplifi 75---they're going for a not bad price, often under $300. Create an Amplifi preset with "No Amp," "No Cab," and no effects, and save it as a FRFR. The Amplifi behaves nicely as a FRFR amp, though it may not be a true FRFR---it's pretty close, with no amp or cab.

And you can run the Helix into the amp input.

I use this FRFR setup with Bias Amp, Pod HD500, and Helix. It's nice.

Good point. Amplfi used prices are generally good. I guess it just depends into the size you are looking for.

Andertons held up a Helix backpack next to the Amplifi 30 in their namm 2016 video. I swear it looked like the Amplifi 30 would fit in the front pocket.