Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

separate analogue output

Has anyone wired a separate output for the analogue pickups in a JT variax guitar? I would like to have 2 separate signal paths for the digital and analogue sections of the instrument. Does disconnecting the analogue pickups disturb the design of the instrument? Is their room to route a separate output/2nd pickup selector? This, if possible, would be done on a JT 89f

Has anyone wired a separate output for the analogue pickups in a JT variax guitar? I would like to have 2 separate signal paths for the digital and analogue sections of the instrument. Does disconnecting the analogue pickups disturb the design of the instrument? Is their room to route a separate output/2nd pickup selector? This, if possible, would be done on a JT 89f

Readability improved ;)

Have you a specific need for this BW, like routing to a separate amp?  Or is it because you maybe believe that the analogue signal is being "polluted" by the digital side somehow?

thanks for responding...yes I do have a specific goal, but just didn't want to get into the details...I desire to have a solo sound on a separate volume pedal do lessen the disturbance of patch switching. It's not so much that I wanted the analogue sounds separated from the digital (I've been using the modeled sounds for years) Just that I'm trying to smooth the transitions between  full rich backdrop sounds and more core (heavy in the lower mids) overdriven soloistic sounds hence the goal of a separate signal path going to a separate amp.

What is the point of buying a digital guitar if you think digital is inferior to pure analogue?

I never said anything about digital vs analogue...the goal is purely 2 signal paths. I think the modeling sounds are just fine. I just thought that the division of digital/analogue would be the obvious way of achieving 2 separate outputs.

I think I can maybe see where you are going with that.  I use a H&K GM36 which is a fully midi controlled four channel amp with its own effects.  I am finding it a new process to change the amp patch and perhaps switch between setups on the JTV59 as well to go from one sound for normal playing and another for solo.  Is that your issue?

If only the JTV could be controlled by the same midi controller as the amp which has its own dedicated footswitching unit.  Don't know if there is a better solution for you but I wouldn't like to have to trail a pair of leads, one for analogus and another for the modelling.  I find one enough to trip over and step on occasionally. :P  A footswitch kick and a guitar press are still my chosen route and I'll just have to become comfortable with that process when it's needed I guess.

Whatever what you're trying to do, know that Staff have informed that using both vdi and jack outputs simultaniously ovloads the pre-amp chip of the variax that's passively cooled. So if drawing twice the signal from the same pre-amp but in analogou with active colling of post amping and then dividing the signal somehow might risk the onboard variax pre-amp-chip. From what I understand. GL.

I have to admit to thinking about this last night and wondering if it would be even possible to separate the two.  They share aspects like the selector switch and control pots so they are not already set up to be accessed individually.  I would have thought there would be no way to rewire so the analogue pups can be used at the same time as the digital signal, it would need at least another set of controls and selector.  The idea of bringing both out simultaneously to two amps then selecting which one to use externally seems a bust.

And the fact that you have had this warning officially ZB at least sorts out one of my own particular issues.  If the passives go through an onboard preamp just as the digital stuff does, that means my worries about cable length capacitive loading are a non-issue.  With the guitar actively buffered it will look like a low source impedance so won't matter.  Roll on 25m leads! ;)

I think I can maybe see where you are going with that.  I use a H&K GM36 which is a fully midi controlled four channel amp with its own effects.  I am finding it a new process to change the amp patch and perhaps switch between setups on the JTV59 as well to go from one sound for normal playing and another for solo.  Is that your issue?

If only the JTV could be controlled by the same midi controller as the amp which has its own dedicated footswitching unit.  Don't know if there is a better solution for you but I wouldn't like to have to trail a pair of leads, one for analogus and another for the modelling.  I find one enough to trip over and step on occasionally. :P  A footswitch kick and a guitar press are still my chosen route and I'll just have to become comfortable with that process when it's needed I guess.

from what I gather, your needs are slightly different than mine but I've been through much of the process of which you speak with similar stuff. I'm planning on making it as simple as I can by having an overdriven sound available all the time but controlled by a volume pedal (instead of switching) and receiving it's signal from the analogue pickups. Many other possibilities open up if I can achieve the 2 signal paths w 2 sound sources (analogue and digital). I thought someone would have done this already. Hope I'm right...thanks man...Brett

Whatever what you're trying to do, know that Staff have informed that using both vdi and jack outputs simultaniously ovloads the pre-amp chip of the variax that's passively cooled. So if drawing twice the signal from the same pre-amp but in analogou with active colling of post amping and then dividing the signal somehow might risk the onboard variax pre-amp-chip. From what I understand. GL.

Thank you for your response. I guess my explanation isn't clear enough. I wondered if the analogue pickups(or ones of my choice) could be physically routed( let the wood fly) to separated output/ pickup selector...hence completely separated from the original connections. So I mean a completely separate physical connection. Hope that helps explain what I'm meaning..thanks...Brett

Thought I should add in case the separate outputs become a bust:Is it possible to replace the 2 pickup system on an 89F with a 3 pickup (strat style w humbucker in bridge)? I would have bought the strat style guitar but no locking vibrato was available. Thanks...