Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Very loud static from Helix

JGeoghagan

Tonight at church in the middle of a song there were three short and very loud static reports through the whole system. Loud enough that we all had to jerk out our IEMs. During a break we unplugged everything except some headphones. There wasn't even a guitar plugged in. The device still made the sound every few minutes. Then everything froze. Rebooting fixed temporarily and then it happened again. I am still on FW 1.1.

Any ideas?

Are you sure it was the Helix? We had an issue that sounds the same awhile back. It turned out to be wireless microphones. We still do not know exactly why it did it but we are guessing it was interference from phones or wireless internet. We changed microphones packs and it never happened again until a new sound tech accidentally put it in play again. It sound a EXACTLY like wha you described. I ripped my in ears ot the first time.

It could have been cell phones or wireless mics. There were a few nearby. I surely hope it's that simple because I don't want to have to send it back. Unfortunately that likely means it won't make a return to church. I plan to just play at home for awhile and see if it happens again.