Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD xt Power supply verification

some years ago , I bought a line 6 pod (the original updated to 2.1) It did not come with a power supply so I went  to  a music shopped bought a replacement   everything seemed ok... FF to a couple weeks ago I bought a POD XT  and FBV shortboard MK1
the power supply  that came with  the PODxt looked rather old  so i Used the new on I just bought. all was fine until i plunged in a Telecaster I had just bought and  BOOM the 50 hrz hum from hell. thinking it was just because of unshielded  single coil pick ups. i did a cavity shielding  and new silver braided wiring  it became drastically better  accept  no all i hear in ver specific  hum turns out its coming from the transformer  for the pod. and  it is almost too hot  to touch.

So im thinking maybe its going bad hence the noise... i did some searching  and learned the standard power supply for  Pod xt is a PG2 power adapter.  on the power supply  there is  no  PX-2/PX-2g AC but  Model #11-32-0020. and it gets VERY hot

my question  
is the Line6 Model #11-32-0020 transformer  the same as  the Line6 PX-2/PX-2g AC or is it better i  buy  a PX-2/PX-2g AC?

Thanks  for any advice

Jaymo

My XT uses the PX-2/2g. 9v AC 2000 ma.

I can't comment on the other one but it should list the specs. If it matches the above it "might" be one of the early adaptors. But it shouldn't get super hot.

• 1 month later...

+1 to BillBee.  The #11-32-0020 definitely sounds legit, but the requirement is 9V AC 2000ma.  the "G" (for "green") in the PX2 came later (2008?), as there were environmental requirements in the US that necessitated changing a few components.  

Early PX2 units were 1200ma (i.e. original POD and DL4), so you MAY have received this by someone who didn't know (or look closely at the specs).  In any case, I recommend you try the PX2G, and it that works better (and cooler) just use that moving forward.