Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD Pro endless logo loop

Nepex

Yesterday we had a pretty bad storm. When I got home from work one of my monitors was dead and the pod was nonfunctional only showing a line 6 logo for a few seconds then fading out and back in. I've tried powering on with each of the nav buttons held hoping for a hard reset but no luck. I've had the unit for around 4 years and it was new when I bought it. I'm convinced it's fried but wanted to ask if there's anything else I could try.

Also, it was plugged into a surge protector if that matters.

Hey Nepex, 

Sorry to hear about that. Two things, Have you tried another power source?

To factory reset the POD HD you're going to want to re-flash your unit via Monkey. 

Here is a video tutorial just incase: http://line6.com/support

Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks!

Yesterday we had a pretty bad storm. When I got home from work one of my monitors was dead and the pod was nonfunctional only showing a line 6 logo for a few seconds then fading out and back in. I've tried powering on with each of the nav buttons held hoping for a hard reset but no luck. I've had the unit for around 4 years and it was new when I bought it. I'm convinced it's fried but wanted to ask if there's anything else I could try.

Also, it was plugged into a surge protector if that matters.

Just an idea you've probably already tried, but anyway...

Are there any other things plugged into it when you power it up? Randomly, if I have my Variax connected to the HD500, and the HD500 is connected to the computer via USB when powering it up, it goes through that cycle, but if I simply disconnect those things, it powers up fine.

That sucks dog's balls.

I sometimes kowtow to my partner's (fire-phobia driven) insistence to unplug stuff when it's not in use. Not just switch it off at the wall, but unplug as well.

I gotta say, I'm far more scared that a piece of kit is going to be fried at the main PCB, than the house burning down.

I guess whichever way you look at it, it's better to be safe than.....toast