Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

jamesnlcc1

Instead of using a PEDAL, try to use the CLASS A-30 Model AMP with the GAIN knob at 100%. Believe me. 

And if that isn't enough overdrive, try a Screamer (the TS-808) in front of the amp with the Drive all the way down and use the Output to push the amp more a la Stevie Ray Vaughn to name one.

• Upvote 1

I tend not to use the overdrive pedals but just set the amp as if I were using the natural output distortion of the amp. I don't do much shred or metal. Mostly, classic rock, blues and jazz projects. The overdriven amp sim to my ear is worlds better than sticking a fizzy sounding overdrive or distortion box in front of an amp. Besides, that leaves one more blank block to fill in with another effect box. LOL!

• Upvote 1

I agree about the value of the amp model's tone, but if you're using that for crunch rhythm and then want a boost on solo, place the OD effect in front of the amp ( or amps ), then put a parametric EQ right after the OD and use it to notch out fizzy tones.

You'll wind up with the parametric "Q" at about 3 o'clock, gain at 9 o'clock ( low )   and the frequency ( percentage ) probably between 50 and 65%