Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi FX100 outputs

dan5150

I have seen a few threads on this, but a not a specific answer: "What is the difference between the Amp out, and the Main out (L mono side)?". I ask because I just got an FX100, and there is a very noticeable difference in tonality between the the amp out and the Main out. I am running into a Tech 21 Power Engine 60. 

When I use the Amp out, I find I need to EQ the setting in order make it sound good. But the Main out sounds fine. 

Has anyone confirmed if the cab and mic sims are disabled on the amp out? The manual doesn't state either way. 

The amp out is meant to go into the front of a guitar amp (hitting its preamp).

The cab and mic sims are not disabled on the amp out, it's just EQ'd different to try and accommodate a guitar amp's preamp, and is less then line level.

The main outs are meant to go into power amps, FX returns, studio monitors, ect..., and are line level.

• 2 months later...

Great info thanks!  I was going Amp Out into my Power Amp into my Bogner Spider Valve, and was less than impressed with the sound.  I'll try the left main out tonight.  Where do I want the volume on the FX100 to be?  Do I crank it, and adjust volume on my amp?

• 2 weeks later...

Typically start with the volume on the amp high and the FX100 low.

Thanks, I did that last night and now LOVE my FX100!  Sounding great!  You have to go Main Out (Left Mono) if going into the Power Amp In on your amp.  I'm playing through a Line 6 Spider Valve MK1.  Now I'm struggling with EQ settings (frequencies and cut/boost dB) to shape the sound.  Posted in a few other threads here for advice.